NOTE: If microwave oven does not need to be adjusted, skip
7. If adjustment is required, rotate microwave oven downward.
Using 2 or more people, lift microwave oven off of mounting
plate, and set aside on a protected surface.
8. Loosen mounting plate screws. Adjust mounting plate and
9. Repeat steps 3-6.
10. With the microwave oven centered, and with at least one
person holding it in place, insert bolts through upper cabinet
into microwave oven. Tighten bolts until there is no gap
between upper cabinet and microwave oven.
Some upper cabinets may require bolts longer or shorter than
3" (7.6 cm). Longer or shorter bolts are available at most
Overtightening bolts may warp the top of the microwave oven.
To avoid warping, wood filler blocks may be added. The
blocks must be the same thickness as the space between the
upper cabinet bottom and the microwave oven.
For Roof Venting Installation Only
1. Insert damper assembly through the cabinet cutout so that the
long tab of the damper assembly slides under the raised tabs
of the damper plate. Then secure with sheet metal screw.
NOTE: The screw cannot be installed if the damper assembly is
not positioned as shown.
A. Raised tabs
B. Damper assembly
C. Sheet metal screw
D. Upper cabinet cutout
E. Long tab
F. Damper plate
2. Connect vent to damper assembly.
B. Damper assembly (under vent)
1. Refer to the Use and Care Guide for instructions on how to
install filters into your model.
Electrical Shock Hazard
Plug into a grounded 3 prong outlet.
Do not remove ground prong.
Do not use an adapter.
Do not use an extension cord.
Failure to follow these instructions can result in death,
fire, or electrical shock.
2. Plug microwave oven into grounded 3 prong outlet.
3. Reconnect power.
4. Check the operation of microwave oven by placing 1 cup
(250 mL) of water on the turntable, and programming a cook
time of 1 minute at 100% power. Test vent fan and exhaust by
operating the vent fan.
5. If the microwave oven does not operate:
Check that a household fuse has not blown, or that a
circuit breaker has not tripped. Replace the fuse or reset
the circuit breaker. If the problem continues, call an
Check that the power supply cord is plugged into a
grounded 3 prong outlet.
See the Use and Care Guide for troubleshooting
Installation is now complete.
Save Installation Instructions for future use.