Using the AC adaptor (not supplied)
• Even if the unit is turned off, small power is consumed as long
as the AC adaptor is connected to the AC power outlet.
• When you want to purchase the AC adaptor, see page 18.
Preventing Accidental Operation
This function causes the unit to ignore, accidental but-
Hold mode prevents the following:
AC power outlet
• Powering on the unit accidentally (which can cause
the batteries to go dead).
• Play being cut off unexpectedly.
To use the Hold mode
• To prevent the unit from powering on accidentally, set
the HOLD switch to the ON position while the unit is
• To prevent the unit from unexpected operation during
play, set the HOLD switch to the ON position after you
starts playing the disc.
• When the unit is in Hold mode, "HOLD" and "
Power on : "
Power off : "HOLD" and "
Before turning on the unit, be sure that HOLD is OFF.
Otherwise, you cannot turn on the unit.
" stays lit.
" light up for a few sec-
onds when 6 is pressed.