WMA can be played back only with XL-PR70B.
Follow the steps in the numerical order.
007 00 18
Press again to restart play.
Total number of tracks
To turn off the
• To skip back to the previous track, quickly press 4
• During Program play, the button is used to fast for-
ward or back through the programmed sequence of
• During Random play, the skip button cannot be used
to skip back to tracks that were played previously in
the random sequence.
Keep depressed during play.
During play or while stopped,
In FM mode,
To switch over
the mode from
FM to CD
Other Play Methods
You can successively play the first 10 seconds of every track.
You can program up to 64 tracks in any desired order including
the same tracks.
For Audio CD, go to step 3.
Though the display differs a little, operation is the same.
Press MODE repeatedly until "INTRO" goes out.
(MP3/WMA only) Select the desired group
• You can also select Intro play during playback.
In this case, Intro play will start from the next track after the
current track has finished.
• You can also select Intro play during Program play mode.
After playing all tracks, the unit stops.
Press MODE until "RND" goes out, or press 7 to stop the disc.
Select the desired track.
• You can also select Random play in stop mode.
• During Program play, you can not select Random play.
You can repeat one track or all tracks.
1 track repeat
1 group repeat
The track is registered.
All track repeat
For MP3/WMA, repeat steps 2-5 to select other
Press MODE repeatedly until the repeat indicator goes out.
For Audio CD, repeat steps 4 and 5.
When you program exceeding 64 tracks, the program se-
quence number returns to "01" and will overwrite the previ-
• You can also select Repeat play during Program play.
• You can also select Repeat play while stopped.
• To confirm the program
While stopped, press PROGRAM repeatedly. At this time, you
can add and change the program, if required.
• To delete the entire program
• While stopped, press STOP.
• Turn off the unit.
• (XL-PR70B) Change the source to FM.
• Play stops automatically when all the tracks have
• (XL-PR70B) Press this button again when the FM
(Tuner) reception mode becomes active.
For Audio CD
001 02 53
01 00 1 02 53
Track number (in the group) in play
time of each track
For your reference:
This indication appears if 3/8 is pressed when no disc is loaded
or if the disc is not properly seated.
01 004 00 07
Preparation period before playing the track.
Appears for several seconds after pressing 3/8 to play.
Total number of groups
This indication appears when the lid is open.
010 44 48
Turn off the unit and, after the disc has stopped rotating, remove
the disc as shown below:
Total playing time
Total number of tracks
Auto power off
If the unit is left in stop mode for 30 seconds, the unit turns
itself off automatically to prevent the batteries from running
Auto power off function does not work when the source is
Disc rotation noise
The portable CD player uses a power-saving operation method
so that disc rotation noise will intermittently be emitted. But, it
is not a failure.
Hyper-Bass Sound effect
You can enjoy powerful bass sound.
Anti-Shock Protection EX
This function achieves excellent performance against sound inter-
ruption caused by vibrations. You will be able to enjoy listening
to music during (not vigorous) jogging.
By utilizing the high-performance servo circuit, audio data will be
stored in the memory ahead of time.
For Audio CD:
Up to 40 seconds worth (Anti-Shock Protection
For MP3/WMA: Up to 100 seconds worth at 128 kbps (Anti-
Program sequence number
Shock Protection is fixed to on.)
Normally, this function is in effect.
As the audio data is gradually stored, the indicator changes as follows:
(Audio CD only)
The "ANTI SHOCK" indicator goes out.
To activate again (Audio CD only)
• During this operation, the disc rotates at a higher rate than usual
in order to collect extra audio data. This may cause the batteries
to run out faster and could result in a slight increase in disc rota-
• This function can be switched ON and OFF during playback.
However, this may cause a slight interruption in the sound be-
cause the disc's rotational speed changes.
Preventing Accidental Operation (Hold
This function causes the unit to ignore, accidental button presses.
Hold mode prevents the following:
• Powering on the unit accidentally (which can cause the batter-
ies to go dead).
• Play being cut off unexpectedly.
To use the Hold mode
• To prevent the unit from powering on accidentally, set the
HOLD switch to the ON position while the unit is turned off.
• To prevent the unit from unexpected operation during play, set
the HOLD switch to the ON position after you starts playing
• When the unit is in Hold mode, "HOLD" and "
Power on : "
" stays lit.
Power off : "HOLD" and "
when 6 is pressed.
• Before turning on the unit, be sure that HOLD is OFF.
Otherwise, you cannot turn on the unit.
About MP3/WMA files
MP3/WMA File Compatibility
• This player can read MP3/WMA files that are recorded in the format that is compliant with ISO
• The player can read or play an MP3 file with the extension code —".mp3" and a WMA file with the
exrension code — ".wma".
• Track title can be displayed.
• ID3* tags can be shown on the display.
Lights when a
* An MP3/WMA file can contain file information called "ID3 Tag" where its album name, artist, title,
etc. are recorded.
MP3/WMA disc is
Playing order of MP3/WMA files
The illustration below shows the normal playing order of the MP3/WMA files. You will see that the
Elapsed playing time of
MP3/WMA files are played back in the order from the higher hierarchy to the lower one.
Tuner Operation (XL-PR70B only)
You can listen to FM stations by tuning in manually, automati-
cally, or using preset memory.
For best reception, extend the headphone cord (antenna).
When the power is turned on and you want to change the mode
from CD to FM, keep the button depressed.
When the power is turned off, press the button.
If the CD mode becomes active, keep the button depressed to
switch over the mode to FM.
Select a station.
Press ¢ or 4 repeatedly to select a station you want.
Hold down ¢ or 4 for a while and then release it. The fre-
quency automatically changes up or down to find the next station.
" light as
" light up for a few seconds
You can preset up to 20 stations (frequencies).
Select the station you want to preset.
Use Manual or Auto tuning mentioned earlier.
Select the preset number (01~20) you want.
Select the preset number you want in the FM
Changing the FM reception mode
When a broadcast is in stereo, "ST." lights up and you can hear
stereo effects. However, if an FM stereo broadcast is hard to re-
ceive or noisy, you can select monaural (MONO) mode. Recep-
tion improves, but you lose the stereo effect.
To select the monaural mode
To cancel the monaural mode
Press MODE once again. "MONO" will go out.
The monaural mode is cancelled also by changing the frequency.
Turning off the unit