Concerning Compact Discs
Only compact discs bearing this mark can be used with this unit.
However, continued use of irregular shape CDs (heart-shape, oc-
tagonal, etc.) can damage the unit.
CD-R and CD-RW discs recorded with the audio CD format can
be played back, though some may not be played back because
of the disc characteristics or recording condition.
The Non-DVD side of a "DualDisc" does not comply with the "Compact
Disc Digital Audio" standard. Therefore, the use of Non-DVD side of a
DualDisc on this product may not be recommended.
How to hold a disc
If the disk surface is dirty
Wipe it with a damp cloth and then wipe dry.
Wipe from the center toward the outer edge.
Play surface (shiny surface)
If moisture has formed on a disc
When moisture has formed because the disc was brought sud-
denly into a warm room from a cold environment, wipe off the
moisture using a soft dry cloth.
When storing discs
Avoid locations which are
• Exposed to direct sunlight.
• Susceptible to high levels of humidity or dust.
• Directly exposed to heat from a heating appliance.
• On top of a car dashboard or near the rear window.
• On the label side (the side with writing)
Do not write anything using a pencil, ball-point pen, etc. Do not
use adhesive paper or labels.
• On the disc (shiny) side
Handle this side carefully to keep it free from fingerprints or
scratches. Do not use record cleaners, solvents, etc.
• Do not attach labels or stickers to CDs.
Do not use CDs with exposed adhesive from tape or left over
peeled off stickers.
• Do not use scratch-proof protectors or covers other than those
specified for use with this unit.