Installing via Network Connection
Check the following
Turn on the computer, and then log on as a user with
If you have already logged on, exit all applications which are running.
Install the MF Drivers and MF Toolbox.
* When you are in an IPv6 environment, or when installing the UFRII LT (XPS) printer driver using network connection, you cannot use the
procedure below to install the software. Refer to "Installing the MF Drivers on the WSD Network" in the e-Manual to install the MF Drivers.
* You may not use the scan function in the IPv6 environment.
Insert the CD-ROM.
If the top screen does not appear
Windows 2000, XP, and Server 2003
1. From the [Start] or [start] menu, select [Run].
2. Enter "D:\Minst.exe", and then click [OK].
Windows Vista, 7, and Server 2008
1. Enter "D:\Minst.exe" in [Search programs and files] or [Start
Search] under the [Start] menu.
2. Press the [ENTER] key on the keyboard.
* The CD-ROM drive name is indicated as "D:" in this manual. The CD-ROM
drive name may differ depending on the computer you are using.
• The computer and machine are connected via the network.
• The power of the machine is turned ON.
• IP address is properly set up.
Read the contents of the License
Proceed to "Checking the IP Address" on p. A-3.
[Easy Installation] performs the installation of the
To add the following software and manual to the
installation, select [Custom Installation].
e-Manual "Installing the MF Drivers and MF Toolbox"
* In Windows Server 2003/Server 2008, the
[Select the Type of Connection] screen is not
displayed. Proceed to Step