SURFACE COOKING UTENSILS
Pans should have flat bot-
toms. Check for flatness by
rotating a ruler across the bot-
tom. There should be no gaps
between the pan and ruler.
* Specialty pans such as lob-
ster pots, griddles and pres-
sure cookers may be used but
must conform to the above
recommended cookware re-
• Flat bottom and straight sides.
• Tight fitting lids.
• Weight of handle does not tilt pan.
Pan is well balanced.
• Pan sizes match the amount of
food to be prepared and the size of
• Made of material that conducts
• Easy to clean.
Note: Always use a utensil for its intended purpose. Follow manufacturer's
instructions. Some utensils were not made to be used in the oven or on the cooktop.
• Curved and warped pan bottoms.
• Pan overhangs unit by more than
2.5 cm (1").
• Heavy handle tilts pan.
• Flame extends beyond unit.