No keyboard Sound
Any of the following symptoms while
using battery power.
• Dim power indicator
• Instrument does not turn on
• Display that is flickering, dim, or difficult to read
• Abnormally low speaker/headphone volume
• Distortion of sound output
• Occasional interruption of sound when playing at high
• Sudden power failure when playing at high volume
• Flickering or dimming of the display when playing at
• Continued sound output even after you release a key
Auto Accompaniment does not sound.
The key or tuning does not match
when playing along with another
Missing Song Bank tune.
No sound is produced when playing
MIDI data from a computer.
The bass notes of General MIDI data
being played back by a computer are
one octave too low.
Playing on the keyboard produces an
unnatural sound when connected to a
Static noise when a microphone is
No microphone sound
1. Power supply problem.
2. Power is not turned on.
3. Volume setting is too low.
4. The POWER/MODE switch is in
the CASIO CHORD or FINGERED
Low battery power
• A tone that is totally different from the one that is
• Abnormal rhythm pattern and Song Bank play
• Loss of power, sound distortion, or low volume when
playing from a connected computer or MIDI device
• Abnormally low microphone volume
• Distortion of microphone input
• Dim power supply indicator when a microphone is
• Sudden power failure when using the microphone
Auto accompaniment volume is set to
The tuning or transpose parameter is
set to a value other than 0 or 00.
1. Left-hand or right-hand part is
2. Accompaniment volume is set to 0.
MIDI cables are not connected
TONE MAP is turned "N".
The computer's MIDI THRU function
is turned on.
1. Use of a microphone that is a
different from the type that is
2. Use of the microphone in the
vicinity of fluorescent lighting.
1. Microphone volume setting is too
2. Microphone on/off switch is set to
1. Correctly attach the AC adaptor,
make sure that batteries poles (+/–)
are facing correctly, and check to
make sure that batteries are not
2. Set the POWER/MODE switch to
the NORMAL position.
3. Use the MAIN VOLUME buttons to
4. Normal play is not possible on the
accompaniment keyboard while the
POWER/MODE switch is set to
CASIO CHORD or FINGERED.
Change the POWER/MODE switch
setting to NORMAL.
Replace the batteries with a set of new
ones or use the AC adaptor.
Use the ACCOMP VOLUME button to
increase the volume.
Change the transpose or tuning
parameter value to 0 or 00.
1. Check the display to see if the
indicator for one of the parts is not
displayed. If so, press the part's
button (LEFT ON/OFF, RIGHT
ON/OFF) to turn it on.
2. Adjust accompaniment volume.
Connect MIDI cables properly.
Change TONE MAP parameter to "G".
Turn off the MIDI THRU function on
the computer or turn off LOCAL
CONTROL on the keyboard.
2. Move the microphone away from
source of the static.
1. Increase the microphone volume
2. Change the microphone on/off
switch setting to ON.