Beaming from a Palm OS device to an AlphaSmart device
3. On the AlphaSmart device, select Receive.
4. Make sure both devices are within three feet of each other and
that the infrared ports are facing each other.
5. On the Palm OS device, locate the item you want to send, tap the
appropriate area on the screen to activate the menus, and
choose the beaming option you want.
The Palm OS device starts beaming the item you specified.
Receiving a beam from a Palm OS device to an
Currently, Beamer can place beamed items into AlphaWord or
AlphaWord Plus on an AlphaSmart device.
To receive a beam from a Palm OS device:
1. Follow steps 2 through 5 from the previous task to start the
2. Do one of the following, depending on the Beamer settings on
the AlphaSmart device:
If the receiving device has data on the clipboard, press
to overwrite the clipboard, or press
There is data currently on the
clipboard. Press the enter key to
overwrite the data.
If the device doesn't have data on the clipboard, or if the
device hasn't been set to warn about overwriting the
(Press esc key to cancel)
to cancel receiving the
Beamer User's Guide