AlphaWord file or as a Memo Pad file. Set the format before beaming
by changing settings from the Beamer screen. See "Changing Beamer
settings" on page 19 for details.
To beam between an AlphaSmart device and a Palm OS device, both
devices must have infrared ports and be within three feet of each
To beam an AlphaWord file to a Palm OS device:
1. Make sure you know which AlphaWord file contains the data you
want to send.
2. Turn on both the AlphaSmart device and the Palm OS device.
3. On the AlphaSmart device, press
4. Use the arrow keys to scroll and select Beamer from the list, then
5. Select Send. Files that contain data appear in a list.
6. Select the file you want to send by doing one of the following:
Using the arrow keys, scroll the list of files to select the one
you want, then press
Press the appropriate
on the device.
7. Make sure the Palm OS device is turned on, within three feet of
the AlphaSmart device, and that both devices have their infrared
ports pointing at each other.
8. On the AlphaSmart device, press
Beamer begins beaming the file to the Palm OS device.
Beaming and Receiving with Beamer
Beaming from an AlphaSmart device to a Palm OS device
Decide whether you want to beam your file as an
. The Beamer screen appears.
to view the
key along the top of the keyboard
to start beaming.