Color Copy Station Setup Guide 4021300-00...
Where to Find Information Before using the EPSON AcuLaser Color Copy Station 8600, be sure to follow the instructions in the following manuals. EPSON AcuLaser Color Copy Station 8600 Setup Guide (this manual) Explains how to assemble the copy station’s components and test basic copying operation.
Neither SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION nor its affiliates shall be liable to the purchaser of this product or third parties for damages, losses, costs, or expenses incurred by purchaser as a result of: accident, misuse, or abuse of this product or unauthorized modifications, repairs, or alterations to this product, or (excluding the U.S.) failure to strictly comply with SEIKO...
Safety Instructions Important Safety Instructions Read all of these instructions and save them for later reference. ❏ Follow all warnings and instructions marked on the copy station. ❏ Do not block or cover the openings in the printer or the scanner.
If a power cord or plug is damaged; if liquid has entered the copy station; if any copy station component has been dropped or the cabinet damaged; or if the copy station does not operate normally or exhibits a distinct change in performance. Adjust only those controls that are covered by the operating instructions.
Warnings, Cautions, and Notes Warnings must be followed carefully to avoid bodily injury. Cautions must be observed to avoid damage to your equipment. Notes contain important information and useful tips on the operation of your copy station. Safety Instructions Downloaded from: http://www.usersmanualguide.com/...
Finding a Place for the Copy Station Before assembling the copy station, find a place that meets the following requirements. ❏ Leave adequate room for easy operation, maintenance, and ventilation. The minimum space requirements are shown below. 596 mm 1348 to 1568 mm 785 to 985 mm* 150 mm 780 mm...
Components The copy station consists of a cabinet and central control panel, a scanner (EPSON GT-10000+), a printer (EPSON AcuLaser C8600), and a large capacity paper unit or 500-sheet paper cassette unit. Make sure you have the boxes for each of the copy station components listed below.
(2 types × 2) caution label product documentation EPSON AcuLaser Color Copy Station 8600 Setup Guide (this manual) EPSON AcuLaser Color Copy Station 8600 Quick Reference EPSON AcuLaser Color Copy Station 8600 Online Guide CD-ROM Checking the Copy Station Components Downloaded from: http://www.usersmanualguide.com/...
Setting Up the Cabinet Make sure the cabinet box contains all of the parts listed below. Then follow the steps in this section to assemble the cabinet and to install the control panel. left frame front panel right frame left support top panel right support caster fixer...
Assembling the Cabinet Caution: The cabinet is bulky and requires two people for assembly or handling. 1. Place flat washers and spring washers onto four M8 × 35 bolts as shown below. Align the positioning marks on the right support and the right frame, then fasten the support to the frame with the bolts.
3. Use M4 × 10 screws to fasten joint A and the front panel to the frame in the order shown below. Fasten the joint only loosely in this step. It is to be fastened securely later in the assembly procedure.
5. Fasten the top panel onto the frame with seven M4 × 10 screws. top panel 6. Fasten joint B to the frame with eight M4 × 10 screws. Then securely fasten joint A, which was installed in step 3. The stand height is adjustable joint B to five positions.
Do not climb onto the cabinet. Doing so may result in injury, or may damage the cabinet. Caution: This cabinet is designed for use exclusively with the EPSON AcuLaser Color Copy Station 8600, EPSON AcuLaser C8600/EPSON GT-10000+ copy system. Do not use it with any other devices.
1. Plug the shielded control panel cable into the control panel’s interface connector, located on the bottom of the control panel. control panel cable interface connector Note: As the interface connector head is covered, disconnect the cable by pressing the spring on the side of the control panel. 2.
3. Insert the control panel shelf straight into the opening on the front of the cabinet’s top panel. Note: If you do not plan to attach the control panel to the cabinet, attach the panel cover included in the cabinet box to the opening on the cabinet’s top panel.
Setting Up the Scanner To prepare the scanner for use with the copy station, you need to install the scanner interface board and place the scanner onto the cabinet, as explained below. 1. Unpack and set up the scanner as explained in the scanner’s Setup Guide.
Caution: Static electricity can damage electronic components. Discharge static electricity by touching the metal frame of your scanner before handling the interface board. 4. Insert the interface board along the side guide rails into the expansion slot in the optional interface slot. 5.
6. Place the scanner onto the cabinet in the direction shown below. Setting Up the Printer To prepare the printer for use with the copy station, you need to install the printer interface board, ROM module, and large capacity paper unit or 500-sheet paper cassette unit, then place the printer into the cabinet.
1. Unpack the printer as explained in the printer’s Unpacking Sheet, then follow the instructions in the printer’s Setup Guide to carry out the following procedures. ❏ Installing the face-up tray ❏ Installing the toner cartridges ❏ Installing the photoconductor unit 2.
4. Open the printer cover and pull out the paper path unit at least 10 cm (4 inches). 5. Remove the screws on the right cover. Setting Up the Printer Downloaded from: http://www.usersmanualguide.com/...
6. Slide the right cover backward and remove it as shown below. 7. Identify the socket for the printer interface board. printer interface board socket Caution: You should not remove any modules from the circuit board. Otherwise, the printer will not work. Setting Up the Printer Downloaded from: http://www.usersmanualguide.com/...
8. Insert the interface connectors through the slot at the back of the printer, then press the interface board firmly onto the socket. Caution: Do not touch the surface of the printer interface board. Be sure to hold it at the edges. 9.
10. Secure the printer interface board with the two screws which you removed from the shield plate in step 3. 11. Identify the slots for the ROM module. ROM module slot A Setting Up the Printer Downloaded from: http://www.usersmanualguide.com/...
12. Insert the module all the way into slot A as shown below. 13. Make sure the tab on the left of the slot shown below will stick out when the module is inserted correctly. Caution: ❏ Do not force the ROM module into the slot. ❏...
14. To reattach the right cover, align the bottom of the cover with the right side of the printer, then fit the pins on the top of the cover onto the holes on the printer. 15. Secure the right cover with the screws, then close the front cover and push the paper path unit back into the printer.
17. Roll the large capacity paper unit or 500-sheet paper cassette unit and the printer into the cabinet. 18. Lock all casters on the bottom of the large capacity paper unit or 500-sheet paper cassette unit. Warning: Make sure the casters are securely locked. Otherwise, the printer may move and cause an accident.
Setting Up the Copy Station Once you have added each device to the cabinet, you are ready to set up the copy station. This process involves connecting the interface cables and power cords. Follow the steps in this section. Connecting Interface Cables The copy station devices are connected as shown below.
2. Plug the control panel cable into the printer’s serial interface connector. Make sure the locks on both sides of the connector snap into place. 3. Plug the scanner cable into the scanner’s interface connector. Setting Up the Copy Station Downloaded from: http://www.usersmanualguide.com/...
4. Plug the other end of the cable into the connector on the printer. Plugging in the Printer and Scanner The printer and scanner power is supplied through separate power cords. Take note of the Warnings and Cautions below, then follow the steps in this section to plug in the printer and the scanner.
Caution: ❏ Do not unplug a device when its power is on. ❏ When unplugging a power cord, grasp it by the plug—not the cord. Plugging in the printer 1. Check the label on the printer to make sure that the voltage required by the printer matches that of the electrical outlet it will be plugged into.
Plugging in the scanner 1. Check the label on the back of the scanner to make sure that the voltage required by the scanner matches that of the electrical outlet it will be plugged into. Also, make sure that you have the correct power cord for your power source. 2.
Testing the Copy Station You can check the operation of the copy station by making a few test copies. You will need to prepare a document to copy and a stack of paper that is the same size as your document, then follow the steps in this section to make your copies.
2. Press down on the metal plate in the cassette until it clicks into place. 3. Press on the side and back paper guides, then slide them outward until they are wide open enough to accommodate the size of paper you want to load. Testing the Copy Station Downloaded from: http://www.usersmanualguide.com/...
4. Fan a stack of plain paper and insert it into the cassette. Make sure that all the paper is under the retaining clip on the right side of the cassette. Note: Use papers with no creases or wrinkles. 5. Slide the paper guides until they just touch the edges of the paper.
Note: Make sure you adjust the side paper guide to the correct position, because the copy station automatically senses the size of paper loaded in the cassette from the position of this paper guide. If the paper guide is not correctly aligned with the paper size indication (for example, A4 or LT), the correct paper size will not be displayed on the control panel and copying will be impossible.
Copying Once you have loaded paper and turned on the copy station, you are ready to make test copies. Follow these steps. 1. Make sure the scanner’s READY light is on. 2. Open the document cover. 3. Place your document on the document table, with the side to be scanned facing down.
Note: An area 2 ± 1.5 mm in from both horizontal and vertical rulers will not be scanned. 2 ± 1.5 mm 2 ± 1.5 mm Document 4. Close the document cover gently so that the document does not move. Note: Make sure the document is flat against the glass surface, otherwise the image will appear fuzzy and out of focus.
6. Select the paper size and orientation that matches the size of the document and the direction in which it is placed on the document table. Select Output Paper Plain Magazine Lower Cassette MP Tray Current Plain paper Change Cancel 7.
Selecting a Language The default language for the LCD touch screen is English. However, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, and Chinese are also available. If you want to change the language, follow the steps below. 1. Press the Admin button on the control panel. Admin button 2.
3. Enter the administrator password when the following screen appears Enter Password Password Key pad entry Note: ❏ The default password setting is “9999”. ❏ For more information on administrator password, see “Making Administrator Mode Settings” in Reference Guide. ❏ We recommend that you change the administrator password from the default setting.
5. Press the Select Language button. Select Administrator Items Select Language Counter 3 / 3 Cancel 6. Choose a language and press the Exit button. Select Language English French German Italian Spanish Portuguese Chinese EXIT Selecting a Language Downloaded from: http://www.usersmanualguide.com/...
Using Online Reference Guide System Requirements Your system must meet the following requirements for you to use the online Reference Guide. For Windows ® ® Systems: Microsoft Windows Me/98/95/2000 ® ® Microsoft Windows NT CPU: i486/25 MHz (for Windows 95, NT 4.0) (Pentium or better recommended) i486/66 MHz (for Windows 98) (Pentium or better recommended)
Display: 640 × 480 pixel or 800 × 600 pixel resolution, with High Color (16 bit) or True Color (32 bit) setting Browser: Web browser Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 or later recommended For Macintosh System: System 7.5.1 (System 7.6 or later recommended) Memory: 16 MB (32 MB or more recommended) Hard disk space:...
Reference Guide and follow the on-screen instructions. When the installation is complete, the CCS8600 Guide icon appears in the EPSON folder. Double click the icon to open the guide. Note: If your hard disk does not have enough space to install the Reference Guide, view it directly from the CD-ROM.
To install the Reference Guide on your hard disk, click the Install Reference Guide button and follow the on-screen instructions. When the installation is complete, the View Reference Guide icon appears in the EPSON folder. Double-click the icon to open the guide. Note: If your hard disk does not have enough space to install the Reference Guide, view it directly from the CD-ROM.
This file has been downloaded from: www.UsersManualGuide.com User Manual and User Guide for many equipments like mobile phones, photo cameras, monther board, monitors, software, tv, dvd, and othes.. Manual users, user manuals, user guide manual, owners manual, instruction manual, manual owner, manual owner's, manual guide, manual operation, operating manual, user's manual, operating instructions, manual operators, manual operator, manual product, documentation manual, user maintenance, brochure, user reference, pdf manual Downloaded from:...