Where to Find Information Before using the EPSON AcuLaser Color Copy Station 8600, be sure to follow the instructions in the following manuals. EPSON AcuLaser Color Copy Station 8600 Setup Guide (this manual) Explains how to assemble the copy station’s components and test basic copying operation.
Neither SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION nor its affiliates shall be liable to the purchaser of this product or third parties for damages, losses, costs, or expenses incurred by purchaser as a result of: accident, misuse, or abuse of this product or unauthorized modifications, repairs, or alterations to this product, or (excluding the U.S.) failure to strictly comply with SEIKO...
Read all of these instructions and save them for later reference. Follow all warnings and instructions marked on the copy station. Do not block or cover the openings in the printer or the scanner. Do not insert objects through the slots in the printer or the scanner.
If a power cord or plug is damaged; if liquid has entered the copy station; if any copy station component has been dropped or the cabinet damaged; or if the copy station does not operate normally or exhibits a distinct change in performance. Adjust only those controls that are covered by the operating instructions.
Warnings, Cautions, and Notes Warnings must be followed carefully to avoid bodily injury. Cautions must be observed to avoid damage to your equipment. Notes contain important information and useful tips on the operation of your copy station. Safety Instructions...
Finding a Place for the Copy Station Before assembling the copy station, find a place that meets the following requirements. Leave adequate room for easy operation, maintenance, and ventilation. The minimum space requirements are shown below. 596 mm 1348 to 1568 mm 785 to 985 mm* 150 mm 920 mm...
Components The copy station consists of a cabinet and central control panel, a scanner (EPSON GT-10000+), a printer (EPSON AcuLaser C8600), and a large capacity paper unit or 500-sheet paper cassette unit. Make sure you have the boxes for each of the copy station components listed below.
EPSON Image Express caution label product documentation EPSON AcuLaser Color Copy Station 8600 Setup Guide (this manual) EPSON AcuLaser Color Copy Station 8600 Quick Reference EPSON AcuLaser Color Copy Station 8600 Online Guide CD-ROM Checking the Copy Station Components...
Setting Up the Cabinet Make sure the cabinet box contains all of the parts listed below. Then follow the steps in this section to assemble the cabinet and to install the control panel. left frame left support caster fixer cable clips (8) Large fasteners (3)* front panel top panel...
Assembling the Cabinet Caution: The cabinet is bulky and requires two people for assembly or handling. 1. Place flat washers and spring washers onto four M8 35 bolts as shown below. Align the positioning marks on the right support and the right frame, then fasten the support to the frame with the bolts.
3. Use M4 10 screws to fasten joint A and the front panel to the frame in the order shown below. Fasten the joint only loosely in this step. It is to be fastened securely later in the assembly procedure. 4.
5. Fasten the top panel onto the frame with seven M4 screws. 6. Fasten joint B to the frame with eight M4 securely fasten joint A, which was installed in step 3. joint B Setting Up the Cabinet The stand height is adjustable to five positions.
Do not climb onto the cabinet. Doing so may result in injury, or may damage the cabinet. Caution: This cabinet is designed for use exclusively with the EPSON AcuLaser Color Copy Station 8600, EPSON AcuLaser C8600/EPSON GT-10000+ copy system. Do not use it with any other devices.
1. Plug the shielded control panel cable into the control panel’s interface connector, located on the bottom of the control panel. Note: As the interface connector head is covered, disconnect the cable by pressing the spring on the side of the control panel. 2.
3. Insert the control panel shelf straight into the opening on the front of the cabinet’s top panel. Note: If you do not plan to attach the control panel to the cabinet, attach the panel cover included in the cabinet box to the opening on the cabinet’s top panel.
Setting Up the Scanner To prepare the scanner for use with the copy station, you need to install the scanner interface board and place the scanner onto the cabinet, as explained below. 1. Unpack and set up the scanner as explained in the scanner’s Setup Guide.
Caution: Static electricity can damage electronic components. Discharge static electricity by touching the metal frame of your scanner before handling the interface board. 4. Insert the interface board along the side guide rails into the expansion slot in the optional interface slot. 5.
6. Place the scanner onto the cabinet in the direction shown below. Setting Up the Printer To prepare the printer for use with the copy station, you need to install the printer interface board, ROM module, and large capacity paper unit or 500-sheet paper cassette unit, then place the printer into the cabinet.
3. Remove the two screws securing the shield plate on the rear of the printer; then remove the plate. Note: You will need the screws to secure the printer interface board later in this procedure. Keep the shield plate in a safe place. You will need to reattach it if you remove the interface board later.
4. Open the printer cover and pull out the paper path unit at least 10 cm (4 inches). 5. Remove the screws on the right cover. Setting Up the Printer...
6. Slide the right cover backward and remove it as shown below. 7. Identify the socket for the printer interface board. Caution: You should not remove any modules from the circuit board. Otherwise, the printer will not work. printer interface...
Caution: Do not touch the surface of the printer interface board. Be sure to hold it at the edges. 9. Secure the interface board with the screw included with the copy station accessories.
10. Secure the printer interface board with the two screws which you removed from the shield plate in step 3. 11. Identify the slots for the ROM module. ROM module slot A Setting Up the Printer...
13. Make sure the tab on the left of the slot shown below will stick out when the module is inserted correctly. Caution: Do not force the ROM module into the slot. Be sure to insert the module facing the correct way. Setting Up the Printer...
14. To reattach the right cover, align the bottom of the cover with the right side of the printer, then fit the pins on the top of the cover onto the holes on the printer. 15. Secure the right cover with the screws, then close the front cover and push the paper path unit back into the printer.
17. Roll the large capacity paper unit or 500-sheet paper cassette unit and the printer into the cabinet. 18. Lock all casters on the bottom of the large capacity paper unit or 500-sheet paper cassette unit. Warning: Make sure the casters are securely locked. Otherwise, the printer may move and cause an accident.
The copy station devices are connected as shown below. scanner scanner cable Follow the steps in this section to connect the interface cables. 1. Make sure the printer and scanner are not plugged in. printer control panel control panel cable...
2. Plug the control panel cable into the printer’s serial interface connector. Make sure the locks on both sides of the connector snap into place. 3. Plug the scanner cable into the scanner’s interface connector. Setting Up the Copy Station...
Plugging in the Printer and Scanner The printer and scanner power is supplied through separate power cords. Take note of the Warnings and Cautions below, then follow the steps in this section to plug in the printer and the scanner. Warning: Use only the power cords that come with the printer and scanner.
Also, make sure that you have the correct power cord for your power source. 2. Make sure that the printer is turned off. It is off when the (N) side of the power switch on the left side of the printer is pushed in.
Plugging in the scanner 1. Check the label on the back of the scanner to make sure that the voltage required by the scanner matches that of the electrical outlet it will be plugged into. Also, make sure that you have the correct power cord for your power source. 2.
Getting Ready to Copy To prepare to make your first copies, you need to load a stack of paper into the printer, turn the printer and scanner on, and select the paper source from the copy station’s control panel. Follow these steps.
2. Press down on the metal plate in the cassette until it clicks into place. 3. Press on the side and back paper guides, then slide them outward until they are wide open enough to accommodate the size of paper you want to load. Testing the Copy Station...
4. Fan a stack of plain paper and insert it into the cassette. Make sure that all the paper is under the retaining clip on the right side of the cassette. Note: Use papers with no creases or wrinkles. 5. Slide the paper guides until they just touch the edges of the paper.
7. Turn on the scanner by pressing the P OPERATE button. Note: Always turn on the scanner before the printer. 8. Turn on the printer by pressing the (|) side of its power switch. The copy station checks the connections of the scanner and the printer.
Copying Once you have loaded paper and turned on the copy station, you are ready to make test copies. Follow these steps. 1. Make sure the scanner’s READY light is on. 2. Open the document cover. 3. Place your document on the document table, with the side to be scanned facing down.
Note: An area 2 ± 1.5 mm in from both horizontal and vertical rulers will not be scanned. 4. Close the document cover gently so that the document does not move. Note: Make sure the document is flat against the glass surface, otherwise the image will appear fuzzy and out of focus.
6. Select the paper size and orientation that matches the size of the document and the direction in which it is placed on the document table. 7. Press the x start button on the copy station’s control panel. The document is scanned and then printed. If the copy station does not work, or if the copy results are not what you expected, check the connections between all devices, and make sure the surface of the document table is clean and clear...
1. Press the Admin button on the control panel. 2. Press the Admin. Set button on the touch screen. Admin button Status Display [ Main Unit ] : AL-CCS 8600 Model : Idle Status : 01.00 Version : 01.00...
3. Enter the administrator password when the following screen appears Note: The default password setting is “9999”. For more information on administrator password, see “Making Administrator Mode Settings” in Reference Guide. We recommend that you change the administrator password from the default setting. 4.
5. Press the Select Language button. Select Administrator Items Select Language Counter 3 / 3 Cancel 6. Choose a language and press the Exit button. Select Language English French Italian German Spanish Portuguese Chinese EXIT Selecting a Language...
Using Online Reference Guide System Requirements Your system must meet the following requirements for you to use the online Reference Guide. For Windows Systems: CPU: Memory: Hard disk space: CD-ROM drive: Using Online Reference Guide ® Microsoft Windows ® Microsoft Windows NT i486/25 MHz (for Windows 95, NT 4.0) (Pentium or better recommended)
Display: with High Color (16 bit) or True Color (32 bit) setting Browser: Web browser Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 or later recommended For Macintosh System: System 7.5.1 (System 7.6 or later recommended) Memory: 16 MB (32 MB or more recommended) Hard disk space: 5 MB to install the Reference Guide CD-ROM drive:...
Reference Guide and follow the on-screen instructions. When the installation is complete, the CCS8600 Guide icon appears in the EPSON folder. Double click the icon to open the guide. Note: If your hard disk does not have enough space to install the Reference Guide, view it directly from the CD-ROM.
To install the Reference Guide on your hard disk, click the Install Reference Guide button and follow the on-screen instructions. When the installation is complete, the View Reference Guide icon appears in the EPSON folder. Double-click the icon to open the guide. Note: If your hard disk does not have enough space to install the Reference Guide, view it directly from the CD-ROM.
EPSON OVERSEAS MARKETING LOCATIONS EPSON AMERICA, INC. 3840 Kilroy Airport Way Long Beach, CA 90806 Phone: (562) 981-3840 Fax: (562) 290-5220 EPSON DEUTSCHLAND GmbH Zülpicher Straße 6, 40549 Düsseldorf Germany Phone: (0211) 56030 Fax: (0211) 5047787 EPSON AUSTRALIA PTY. LTD.