Where to Find Information Before using the EPSON AcuLaser Color Copy Station 8500, be sure to follow the instructions in the following manuals. EPSON AcuLaser Color Copy Station 8500 Setup Guide (this manual) Explains how to assemble the copy station’s components and test basic copying operation.
Neither SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION nor its affiliates shall be liable to the purchaser of this product or third parties for damages, losses, costs, or expenses incurred by purchaser as a result of: accident, misuse, or abuse of this product or unauthorized modifications, repairs, or alterations to this product, or (excluding the U.S.) failure to strictly comply with SEIKO...
DECLARATION of CONFORMITY According to 47CFR, Part 2 and 15 for Class B Personal Computers and Peripherals; and/or CPU Boards and Power Supplies used with Class B Personal Computers: EPSON AMERICA, INC. Located at: MS 6-43 3840 Kilroy Airport Way...
Safety Instructions Important Safety Instructions Read all of these instructions and save them for later reference. Follow all warnings and instructions marked on the copy station. Do not block or cover the openings in the printer or the scanner. Do not insert objects through the slots in the printer or the scanner.
If you plan to use the copy station in Germany, observe the following: To provide adequate short-circuit protection and over- current protection for this product, the building installation must be protected by a 10 Amp or 16 Amp circuit breaker. Note for German-speaking users: Bei Anschluss des Druckers an die Stromversorgung muss sichergestellt werden, dass die Gebäudeinstallation mit einer...
920 mm 1332 mm (with tray extended) 656 mm (with tray folded) 620 mm 835 mm 825 mm * EPSON GT-10000+ ** EPSON EXPRESSION 1640XL ***The cabinet height is adjustable to five positions. Finding a Place for the Copy Station...
Place the copy station on a flat, stable surface. The copy station will operate properly under the following conditions: Temperature: 10 to 35°C Humidity: 20 to 80% Caution: Avoid locations that are subject to shock, direct sunlight, extreme variation in temperature or humidity, excessive heat, moisture, or dust.
The copy station consists of a cabinet and central control panel, a scanner (EPSON GT-10000+ or EPSON EXPRESSION 1640XL), a printer (EPSON AcuLaser C8500), and a large capacity paper unit. Make sure you have the boxes for each of the copy station components listed below.
(2 types × 2) EPSON Image Express caution label product documentation EPSON AcuLaser Color Copy Station 8500 Setup Guide (this manual) EPSON AcuLaser Color Copy Station 8500 Quick Reference EPSON AcuLaser Color Copy Station 8500 Online Guide CD-ROM Checking the Copy Station Components...
Setting Up the Cabinet Make sure the cabinet box contains all of the parts listed below. Then follow the steps in this section to assemble the cabinet and to install the control panel. left frame front panel right frame left support top panel right support caster fixer...
Assembling the Cabinet Caution: The cabinet is bulky and requires two people for assembly or handling. 1. Place flat washers and spring washers onto four M8 × 35 bolts as shown below. Align the positioning marks on the right support and the right frame, then fasten the support to the frame with the bolts.
3. Use M4 × 10 screws to fasten joint A and the front panel to the frame in the order shown below. Fasten the joint only loosely in this step. It is to be fastened securely later in the assembly procedure.
5. Fasten the top panel onto the frame with seven M4 × 10 screws. top panel 6. Fasten joint B to the frame with eight M4 × 10 screws. Then securely fasten joint A, which was installed in step 2. The stand height is adjustable joint B to five positions.
Do not climb onto the cabinet. Doing so may result in injury, or may damage the cabinet. Caution: This cabinet is designed for use exclusively with the EPSON AcuLaser Color Copy Station 8500, EPSON AcuLaser C8500/GT-10000+ or EPSON EXPRESSION 1640XL copy system.
1. Plug the shielded control panel cable into the control panel’s interface connector, located on the bottom of the control panel. control panel cable interface connector 2. If you plan to attach the control panel to the cabinet, fasten the control panel shelf onto the bottom of the control panel using the screws included with the copy station accessories.
3. Insert the control panel shelf straight into the opening on the front of the cabinet’s top panel. Note: If you do not plan to attach the control panel to the cabinet, attach the panel cover included in the cabinet box to the opening on the cabinet’s top panel.
The setup procedure is the same for the EPSON GT-10000+ and EPSON EXPRESSION 1640XL. However, the illustrations used in this manual are of the EPSON GT-10000+.
3. Use a cross-head screwdriver to remove the two screws securing the shield plate to the optional interface slot; then remove the plate. Note: Keep the screws and the shield plate in a safe place. You will need to reattach the plate if you remove the interface board later. Caution: Static electricity can damage electronic components.
5. Secure the board with the retaining screws. 6. Place the scanner onto the cabinet in the direction shown below. Setting Up the Scanner...
Setting Up the Printer To prepare the printer for use with the copy station, you need to install the interface board, ROM module, and large capacity paper unit, then place the printer into the cabinet. Follow the steps in this section. Warning: Be careful when working inside the printer as some components are sharp and may cause injury.
3. Remove the two screws securing the shield plate on the rear of the printer; then remove the plate. Note: You will need the screws to secure the printer interface board later in this procedure. Keep the shield plate in a safe place. You will need to reattach it if you remove the interface board later.
5. Remove the screws on the right cover. 6. Slide the right cover backward and remove it as shown below. Setting Up the Printer...
7. Identify the socket for the printer interface board. printer interface board socket Caution: You should not remove any modules from the circuit board. Otherwise, the printer will not work. 8. Insert the interface connectors through the slot at the back of the printer, then press the interface board firmly onto the socket.
9. Secure the interface board with the screw included with the copy station accessories. Note: Use a magnetic cross-head screwdriver to prevent the screw from dropping inside the printer. 10. Secure the printer interface board with the two screws which you removed from the shield plate in step 6.
11. Identify the slots for the ROM module. ROM module slot A 12. Insert the module all the way into slot A, making sure that the gold contact side of the module faces up. The X tab on the left of the slot will jut out when the module is inserted correctly.
13. To reattach the right cover, align the bottom of the cover with the right side of the printer, then fit the pins on the top of the cover onto the holes on the printer. 14. Secure the right cover with the screws, then close the front cover and push the paper path unit back into the printer.
16. Roll the large capacity paper unit and the printer into the cabinet. 17. Lock the four casters on the bottom of the large capacity paper unit. Warning: Make sure the casters are securely locked. Otherwise, the printer may move and cause an accident. Setting Up the Printer...
Setting Up the Copy Station Once you’ve added each device to the cabinet, you are ready to set up the copy station. This process involves connecting the interface cables and power cords. Follow the steps in this section. Connecting Interface Cables The copy station devices are connected as shown below.
Follow the steps in this section to connect the interface cables. 1. Make sure the printer and scanner are not plugged in. 2. Plug the control panel cable into the printer's serial interface connector. Make sure the locks on both sides of the connector snap into place.
4. Plug the other end of the cable into the connector on the printer. Plugging in the Printer and Scanner The printer and scanner power is supplied through separate power cords. Take note of the Warnings and Cautions below, then follow the steps in this section to plug in the printer and the scanner.
Caution: Do not unplug a device when its power is on. When unplugging a power cord, grasp it by the plug—not the cord. Plugging in the printer 1. Check the label on the printer to make sure that the voltage required by the printer matches that of the electrical outlet it will be plugged into.
Plugging in the scanner 1. Check the label on the back of the scanner to make sure that the voltage required by the scanner matches that of the electrical outlet it will be plugged into. Also, make sure that you have the correct power cord for your power source. 2.
Testing the Copy Station You can check the operation of the copy station by making a few test copies. You will need to prepare a document to copy and a stack of paper that is the same size as your document, then follow the steps in this section to make your copies.
2. Press down on the metal plate in the cassette until it clicks into place. 3. Press on the side and back paper guides, then slide them outward until they are wide open enough to accommodate the size of paper you want to load. Testing the Copy Station...
4. Fan a stack of plain paper and insert it into the cassette. Make sure that all the paper is under the retaining clip on the right side of the cassette. Note: Use paper with no creases or wrinkles. 5. Slide the paper guides until they just touch the edges of the paper.
Note: Make sure you adjust the side paper guide to the correct position, because the copy station automatically senses the size of paper loaded in the cassette from the position of this paper guide. If the paper guide is not correctly aligned with the paper size indication (for example, A4 or LT), the correct paper size will not be displayed on the control panel and copying will be impossible.
Copying Once you’ve loaded paper and turned on the copy station, you’re ready to make test copies. Follow these steps. 1. Make sure the scanner's READY light is on. 2. Open the document cover. 3. Place your document on the document table, with the side to be scanned facing down.
Note: An area 2 ± 1.5 mm in from both horizontal and vertical rulers will not be scanned. 2 ± 1.5 mm 2 ± 1.5 mm Document 4. Close the document cover gently so that the document does not move. Note: Make sure the document is flat against the glass surface, otherwise the image will appear fuzzy and out of focus.
6. Select the paper size and orientation that matches the size of the document and the direction in which it is placed on the document table. Select Output Paper Plain Magazine Lower Cassette MP Tray Current Plain paper Change Cancel 7.
Selecting a Language The default language for the LCD touch screen is English. However, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, and English (USA) are also available. If you want to change the language, follow the steps below. 1. Press the Admin button on the control panel. Admin button 2.
3. Press the Select Language button. Select Administrator Items Key Tone Set Default Copy Job Standy Color Calibration Control Copy Unit Select Language Auto Feed Restore Defaults Copy Unit Restore Defaults Exit 4. Choose a language and press Exit. Select Language English French Italian...
Appendix A Installing EPSON Network Image Express EPSON Network Image Express allows the scanner to be shared on a network without the need for a scanner server PC. This appendix explains how to install EPSON Network Image Express in the copy station.
3. Remove the connector cover on the left side of the control panel as shown below. 4. Identify the connectors and switch on the side panel of Network Image Express. network connector DC inlet 10/100 SCSI connector power supply mode switch Installing EPSON Network Image Express...
7. Connect the other end of the cable to an available SCSI interface connector on the scanner. Usually, the scanner has two SCSI interface connectors, either of which can be used. See the scanner’s manual for more information. Installing EPSON Network Image Express...
9. Pass the power cord through the opening on the control panel and connect it to the DC inlet. Caution: Use only the AC adapter and the power cord included with Network Image Express. Using other adapters may cause the system to malfunction. Installing EPSON Network Image Express...
10. Insert the left side of Network Image Express into the opening on the control panel. 11. Push the right side of the Network Image Express gently into place. Installing EPSON Network Image Express...
12. Secure Network Image Express to the control panel with the two screws included in the copy station accessories. 13. Close the translucent cover. 14. Attach a touch fastener strip to the AC adapter. Installing EPSON Network Image Express...
15. Attach the other touch fastener strip to the cabinet, and then attach the AC adapter to the cabinet by joining the two strips. 16. Install the cable clips at the following locations, then secure the Network Image Express cables with the clips. Installing EPSON Network Image Express...
Caution: Do not connect or disconnect Network Image Express from the scanner while the scanner is still turned on; otherwise, the scanner or Network Image Express may be damaged. Installing EPSON Network Image Express...
Appendix B Contacting Customer Support If your EPSON product is not operating properly and you cannot solve the problem using the troubleshooting information in your product documentation, contact customer support services for assistance. If customer support for your area is not listed below, contact the dealer where you purchased your product.
For Users in North America If you purchased your printer in the United States or Canada, EPSON provides technical assistance 24 hours a day through the electronic support services and automated telephone services listed in the following table: Service Access...
You can purchase ink cartridges, ribbon cartridges, paper, manuals, and accessories from EPSON at (800) 873-7766 or visit our web site at www.epsonsupplies.com (U.S. sales only). In Canada, please call (800) 873-7766 for dealer referral.
To E-mail EPSON Technical Support: http://www.epson.co.uk/support/email/ For a full list of EPSON Customer and Warranty Support services: http://www.epson.co.uk/support/ Support via telephone Our Customer and Warranty Support teams can be contacted by calling 0870 163 7766 in the UK or 0044 0870 163 7766 from the Republic of Ireland.
For Users in Australia EPSON Australia wishes to provide you with a high level of customer service. In addition to your product documentation, we provide the following sources for obtaining information: EPSON FAXBACK EPSON FAXBACK will fax you the latest specifications and pricing for most EPSON products offered in Australia.
EPSON Helpdesk EPSON Helpdesk is provided as a final backup to make sure our clients have access to advice. Operators on the Helpdesk can aid you in diagnosing hardware and software problems. They can also advise you on the latest EPSON products and where the nearest dealer or service agent is located.
Contacts for information, support, and services are: World Wide Web (www.epson.com.my) Information on product specifications, drivers for download, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), and Email Enquiries are available. Epson Trading Shah Alam Head Office Phone: 03 5191366 Fax: 03 5191281 For Users in Singapore...
To obtain technical support as well as other after-sales services, users are welcome to contact EPSON Hong Kong Limited. Internet home page EPSON Hong Kong has established a local home page in both Chinese and English on the Internet to provide users with the following information:...
For Users in the Philippines To obtain technical support as well as other after sales services, users are welcome to contact the EPSON Philippines Representative Office at the telephone and fax numbers below: Phone: (632) 813-6552 Fax: (632) 813-6545 BBS:...