MUFFLER SCREEN AND SPARK ARRESTER
The engine and muffler will be very hot after the
engine has been run.
Avoid touching the engine and muffler while they
are still hot with any part of your body or clothing
during inspection or repair.
1. Remove the muffler screen.
1 Muffler screen
2. Use a flathead screw driver to pry the spark
arrester out from the muffler.
3. Remove the spark arrester.
1 Spark arrester
4. Remove the carbon deposits on the muffler
screen and spark arrester using a wire brush.
When cleaning, use the wire brush lightly to avoid
damaging or scratching of the muffler screen and
5. Check the muffler screen and spark arrester.
Replace them if damaged.
– 24 –