Long term storage of your machine will require some
preventive procedures to guard against deterioration.
DRAIN THE FUEL
1. Drain the fuel tank, fuel cock, and carburetor float
a Carburetor drain plug
2. Pour a cup of SAE 10W30 or 20W40 motor oil into
3. Shake the tank to coat the inner surfaces thor-
4. Drain off the excess oil.
1. Remove the spark plug, pour about one table-
spoon of SAE 10W30 or 20W40 motor oil into the
spark plug hole and reinstall the spark plug. Recoil
start the engine by turning over several times (with
ignition off) to coat the cylinder walls with oil.
2. Pull the recoil starter until you feel compression.
Then stop pulling. (This prevents the cylinder and
valves from rusting).
3. Clean exterior of the generator and apply a rust
4. Store the generator in a dry, well-ventilated place,
with the cover placed over it.
5. The generator must remain in a vertical position
when stored, carried or operated.
– 28 –