Caring For Your Compactor
Personal Injury Hazard
gloves when cleaning
inside of the compactor.
Failure to do so
may result in cuts if bits of broken glass
As is true of most appliances, proper care is
needed to give you continued satisfaction.
cleaning the compactor, turn the key-knob to the
OFF position and remove. If you will be away for
more than a couple of days, remove the compac-
tor bag. Lock the compactor and remove the key-
knob. Store the key-knob in a safe place.
Clean exterior surfaces:
1. Wipe with warm, sudsy water and a damp cloth.
Rinse. Dry with a soft cloth.
2. Wipe up spills right away. Some foods can
damage the finish if left on the compactor
Clean inside the drawer:
1. Remove the bag. (See "Removing a filled bag "
on pages 6 and 7.)
2. Wear protective gloves. There may be bits of
glass in the drawer.
3. Press side-lock latch down.
4. Hold side-lock latch and tilt side of drawer until
the latch clears the drawer front.
NOTE: Drawer side can be removed by tilting it
out, then lifting out.
5. Wash with a damp cloth using warm, sudsy
water. Rinse. Dry with a soft cloth.
6. If drawer side was removed, slide it back into
the tilted position.
7. Press the side-lock latch down while pressing
the side to the upright position.
8. Lock the side-lock latch.