CLEANING THE FILTER/ DRAINING RESIDUAL WATER
The washing machine is provided with a self-cleaning
pump. The filter keeps objects like buttons, coins,
safetypins etc. which have been left in the laundry.
We recommend to check and clean the filter regularly,
at least two or three times a year.
• if the appliance is not draining properly or if it fails
to perform spin cycles.
• if the "Pump" indication lights up.
IMPORTANT: make sure the water has cooled
before draining the appliance.
Residual water must be drained also before transport-
ing the machine.
1. Unplug the washing machine.
2. Open the filter cover with a coin (picture 18).
3. Place a bowl beneath it.
4. Turn the filter slowly anti-clockwise until some
CARE AND MAINTENANCE
Always unplug the washing machine before doing any maintenance.
Clean the detergent dispenser regularly, at least
three or four times a year, to prevent detergent
1. Press the button to release the detergent dispenser
and remove it (picture 20). A small quantity of
water can remain in the dispenser, thus you should
carry it in an upright position.
2. Wash the dispenser using running water. You can
also remove the siphon cap on the back of the
dispenser for cleaning (picture 21).
3. Replace the siphon cap in the dispenser (if
4. Reinstall the dispenser by locating the dispenser's
bottom tabs into the appropriate openings on the
lid, and by pushing the dispenser against the lid
until it locks into place.
Make sure that the detergent dispenser is
Water inlet hose filter
Check and clean regularly (at least two or three
times a year).
1. Unplug the washing machine.
2. Turn off the tap.
3. Unscrew the hose from the tap.
4. Carefully clean the filter located at the end of hose,
without disassembling it, for example with a tooth-
Note: Do not submerge the hose in water.
5. Screw the flexible hose back onto the tap by hand.
Do not use pliers (risk of squashing the joint).
6. Turn on the tap and check that the connections
7. Plug the washing machine back in.
water starts to flow out; do not remove it as yet.
5. Wait until all the water has drained.
6. Now unscrew the filter completely and extract it
7. Clean the filter and the filter chamber.
8. Make sure the pump impeller (in the housing
behind the filter) is not obstructed.
9. Insert the filter again and screw it in
completely in clockwise direction. Make
sure the filter is screwed in properly, as far
as it will go.
10. Pour approximately one litre of water into the
washing machine via the drum and check that
water does not leak from the filter.
11. Close the filter cover.
12. Reconnect the washing machine.
Water inlet hose
(picture 22, 23 or 24, depending on model)
Check the inlet hose regularly for brittleness and
cracks and replace it if necessary using a new hose of
the same type.
The inlet hose as shown on picture 22 has a safety
valve to prevent the appliance against uncontrolled
water inlet; if the safety valve inspection window (A) is
red, the safety valve has been activated and the hose
must be exchanged. Contact out After-Sales Service
or your specialist dealer to obtain a new inlet hose.
For unscrewing the inlet hose as shown on picture 22,
you must push down the release lever (B) (if available)
while unscrewing it.
If your inlet hose has a transparent hose coating
(picture 23), periodically check the colour of the
transparent coating. If the transparent hose shows a
local dark colour change, this is an indication that the
hose may have a leak and should be replaced.
Contact our After-Sales Service team or specialist
dealer to obtain a replacement hose.
Appliance exterior and control panel
• Clean with a soft damp cloth.
• If necessary, use some soapy water or a mild
neutral detergent (do not use detergents containing
solvents, abrasive detergents, window or general-
purpose cleaners - they may harm the surfaces).
• After each washing, leave the lid open for some-
time to allow the inside of the appliance to dry.
• If you never or seldom wash your laundry at
95°C, we recommend to occasionally run a 95°C
programme without laundry, adding a small amount
of detergent, to keep the interior of the appliance
• Check the condition of the lid seal periodically and
clean it from time to time with a damp cloth.