5. EC Declaration of Conformity
• This washing machine has been designed,
constructed and distributed in compliance
with the safety requirements of EC Directives:
2006/95/EC Low Voltage Directive 2004/108/EC
Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive
BEFORE USING THE WASHING MACHINE
1. Remove the packaging and check
a. Cut and remove the shrink-wrap.
b. Remove the top protection and the protective
c. Remove the bottom protection by tilting and
turning the washing machine on one rear
bottom corner. Make sure that the plastic part
of the bottom protection (if available on the
model) remains in the packing and not in the
This is important, as otherwise the plastic part could
damage the washing machine during operation.
d. Open the lid by pressing it slightly down while
raising the handle. Remove the polystyrene
cushion (depending on model).
e. Remove the blue protective film from the panel
(depending on model).
• After unpacking, make sure that the washing
machine is undamaged. If in doubt, do not use the
washing machine. Contact After-Sales Service or
your local retailer.
• Keep the packaging materials (plastic bags,
polystyrene parts, etc.) out of reach of children;
they are potentially dangerous.
• If the appliance was exposed to the cold prior to
delivery, keep it at room temperature for a few
hours before operating.
2. Remove the transport bracket
• The washing machine is fitted with transport
screws and a transport bracket to prevent damage
during transport. Before using the washing
machine you must remove the transport
bracket (see "Installation"/"Removal of transport
3. Install the washing machine
• Place the washing machine on a flat and stable
• Adjust the feet to ensure that the machine is
stable and level (see "Installation"/"Adjust the
• In case of wooden or so-called "floating floors" (for
instance certain parquet or laminate floors), place
the appliance on a sheet of plywood with a size of
at least 40 x 60 cm and thickness of at least 3 cm,
which is screwed to the floor.
• Make sure that the ventilation openings in the
base of your washing machine (if available on your
model) are not obstructed by a carpet or other
4. Water supply
• Connect the water supply inlet hose in accordance
with the regulations of your local water company
The Manufacturer is not liable for any damage to
laundry resulting from inadequate or incorrect fabric
care instructions which have been provided with the
garment or article.
(see "Installation"/"Connect the water inlet hose").
• Water supply: Cold water only
• Tap: 3/4" threaded hose connection
• Pressure: 100-1000 kPa (1-10 bar).
• Only use new hoses for connecting the washing
machine to the water supply. Used hoses must not
be used anymore and should be discarded.
5. Drain hose
• Firmly connect the drain hose to the siphon or
another outlet for drain water. (see "Installation"/
Connect the water drain hose").
• If the washing machine is connected to a built-in
drainage system, ensure the latter is equipped with
a vent to avoid simultaneous loading and draining
of water (siphoning effect).
6. Electrical connection
• Electrical connections must be carried out by a
qualified technician in compliance with the manu-
facturer's instructions and the current standard
• The technical data (voltage, power and fuses) are
given on the rating plate on the rear of the washing
• Do not use extension leads or multi sockets.
• Access to the mains plug or disconnection from
the mains supply via a double-pole switch must be
ensured at all times after the installation.
• Do not operate the washing machine if it has been
damaged during transport. Inform the After-Sales
• Mains cable replacement is only to be carried out
by After-Sales Service.
• The washing machine must be connected exclu-
sively by means of a socket with an earth connec-
tion, in compliance with the regulations in force. In
particular, washing machines installed in premises
containing a shower or a bath must be protected
by a differential residual current device of at least
30 mA. Earthing the washing machine is obliga-
tory under the law. The manufacturer declines all
liability for injury to persons or animals or damage
to property deriving either directly or indirectly from
failure to observe the directions in these Instruc-
tions for Use.
• When using a residual current circuit breaker
(RCCB), only use a model marked with