Casing, painted sheet metal with rigid polyurethane foam
thermal insulation, 30 mm
Built-in magnesium anode, without electrical insulation
Heat exchanger for reheating by wall mounted boiler,
smooth enamelled tubing
Sensor pocket for temperature sensor, heat source
Storage cylinder, enamelled steel
Inspection aperture for maintenance and cleaning on the
top/DHW circulation connection
PS top cover
Cold water inlet
Table 6 Product description ( Fig. 3, page 45)
Observe the following guidelines and standards:
• Local regulations
• EnEG (Building Regulations) (in Germany)
• EnEV (Energy Savings Order) (in Germany)
Installation of, and equipment for, heating and water heating systems:
• DIN and EN standards
– DIN 4753-1 – Water heaters ...; requirements, identification,
equipment and testing
– DIN 4753-3 – Water heaters ...; corrosion protection on the
water side through glass lining; requirements and testing
– DIN 4753-6 – Water heating systems ...; cathodic corrosion
protection for enamelled steel cylinders; requirements and
testing (product standard)
– DIN 4753-7 – Water heaters...; containers with a volume up to
1000 l, manufacturing, thermal insulation and corrosion
– DIN EN 12897 – Water supply - regulation for ... DHW cylinders
– DIN 1988-100 – Technical rules for potable water installations
– DIN EN 1717 – Protection of potable water against
– DIN EN 806 – : Technical rules for potable water installations
– DIN 4708 – Central water heating systems
– Code of Practice W 551 – Potable water heating systems
and pipework; technical measures to inhibit the growth of
legionella bacteria in new systems; ...
– Code of Practice W 553 – Sizing DHW circulation systems ... .
▶ Secure the DHW cylinder during transportation to prevent it from
▶ Move packed DHW cylinder with a sack trolley and lashing strap
( Fig. 4, page 45).
▶ Move unpacked DHW cylinder with a transport net; during handling,
protect connections against possible damage.
The DHW cylinder is delivered fully assembled.
▶ Check that the DHW cylinder is complete and undamaged.
Requirements for installation location
NOTICE: Risk of damage from inadequate load-bearing
capacity of the installation surface or unsuitable floor
▶ Ensure that the installation surface is level and offers
sufficient load-bearing capacity.
▶ Place the DHW cylinder on a plinth if there is a risk of water collecting
at the installation location.
▶ The installation site must be a dry and frost-free room.
▶ Observe minimum room height ( Tab. 10, page 44) at the
installation location. No minimum wall clearance required.
Positioning the DHW cylinder
▶ Stand the DHW cylinder upright and level it ( Fig. 6, page 46 and
Fig. 7, page 46).
▶ Remove the caps.
▶ Apply Teflon tape or Teflon string ( Fig. 8, page 46).
WARNING: Risk of fire from soldering and welding!
▶ Take appropriate safety measures when soldering
and welding as the thermal insulation is flammable.
For example, cover up the thermal insulation.
▶ Check cylinder jacket for damage after completing
WARNING: Risk of injury from contaminated water!
Work carried out without due care for cleanliness
contaminates the potable water.
▶ Install and equip the DHW cylinder hygienically in
accordance with national standards and guidelines.
W 120-5 O – 6 720 819 306 (2018/10)