This Instruction Manual describes the features of the Tool and provides step-by-step
instructions for operating the Tool. Read, understand, and follow all safety messages
and instructions in the manual before operating the Tool. Always refer to and follow
safety messages and test procedures provided by the manufacturer of the vehicle
and the Tool.
This Tool may not detect every malfunction. Do not take chances
with brakes, steering, or other vital functions of your vehicle, as a serious accident
This product contains chemicals, including lead, known to the
State of California to cause cancer, and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Wash hands after handling.
GENERAL SAFETY WARNINGS AND INSTRUCTIONS
• Always wear ANSI approved goggles for eye protection.
• Operate vehicle in a well-ventilated area. Never turn engine on inside an enclosed
• Keep people and equipment away from all moving or hot engine parts.
• Before testing vehicle, make sure the transmission is in PARK (automatic
transmission) or Neutral (manual transmission) and the parking brake is set. Block
the drive wheels.
• Keep a fire extinguisher suitable for gasoline/electrical/ chemical fires readily
• Never leave the vehicle unattended while testing.
• Never lay tools on the vehicle battery.
• Use caution when working around ignition coil, distributor cap, ignition wires, and
spark plugs. Components can produce a high voltage while engine is running.
• Battery acid can burn. If contacted, rinse with water or neutralize with a mild base
such as baking soda. If you splash your eyes, flush with water and call a physician
• Never smoke or have open flames near vehicle. Vapors from gasoline and battery
• Do not use the Tool if internal circuitry has been exposed to moisture. Internal shorts
could cause a fire and damage.
• Always turn ignition key OFF when connecting or disconnecting electrical
components, unless otherwise instructed.
• Most vehicles are equipped with air bags. If you elect to work around air bag
components or wiring, follow your vehicle's service manual cautions. You could be
seriously injured or killed by an unintended deployment.
The air bag can still open several minutes after ignition is turned off.
• Always follow vehicle manufacturer's warnings, cautions, and service procedures.
Liquid Crystal Display (First Aid Measures)
• If liquid crystal comes in contact with your skin:
Wash area off completely with plenty of water. Remove contaminated clothing.
• If liquid crystal gets into your eye:
Flush the affected eye with clean water and then seek medical attention.
• If liquid crystal is swallowed:
Flush your mouth thoroughly with water. Drink large quantities of water and induce
vomiting. Then seek medical attention.