Interlaced outputs/inputs (ColorStream
Some TVs or monitors are equipped with component video inputs.
Connecting to these inputs allows you to enjoy higher quality picture
Actual labels for component video inputs may vary depending on the
TV manufacturer. (ex. Y, R-Y, B-Y or Y, C
In some TVs or monitors, the color levels of the playback picture may
be reduced slightly or the tint may change. In such a case, adjust the
TV or monitor for optimum performance.
Progressive outputs/inputs (ColorStream
Some TVs or monitors are equipped with component video inputs
that are capable of reproducing a progressively scanned video signal.
Connecting to an audio system and TV equipped with component video inputs
To ANALOG AUDIO OUT
To audio inputs
of the amplifier
You can temporarily switch the output signal for better
Press PROGRESSIVE button on the remote control
during stop mode.
Press PROGRESSIVE button again to turn off
• Refer to the owner's manual of the connected TV as well.
• When you connect the DVD video player to your equipment, be sure to turn off the power and unplug all of the
equipment from the wall outlet before making any connections.
• If you place the DVD video player near a tuner or radio, the radio broadcast sound might be distorted. In this case,
place the DVD video player away from the tuner and radio.
• The output sound of the DVD video player has a wide dynamic range. Be sure to adjust the receiver's volume to
a moderate listening level. Otherwise, high volume sound may damage your hearing as well as the speakers.
• Turn off the amplifier before you connect or disconnect the DVD video player's power cord. If you leave the
amplifier power on, the speakers may be damaged.
• Analog audio out will not have sound if DTS playback is selected.
Connecting to these inputs allows you to view the highest quality
pictures with less flicker.
'CONSUMERS SHOULD NOTE THAT NOT ALL HIGH
DEFINITION TELEVISION SETS ARE FULLY COMPATIBLE WITH
THIS PRODUCT AND MAY CAUSE ARTIFACTS TO BE
DISPLAYED IN THE PICTURE. IN CASE OF 525p OR 625p
PROGRESSIVE SCAN PICTURE PROBLEMS, IT IS
RECOMMENDED THAT THE USER SWITCH THE CONNECTION
TO THE 'STANDARD DEFINITION' OUTPUT. IF THERE ARE
QUESTIONS REGARDING OUR TV SET COMPATIBILITY WITH
THIS MODEL 525p AND 625p DVD PLAYER, PLEASE CONTACT
OUR CUSTOMER SERVICE CENTER.'
• Make the following setting.
If you connect a progressive TV, Press
PROGRESSIVE button on the remote control
TV or monitor
To Y video input