Operating a TV with the Remote Control
You can operate the basic functions of selected TVs using the
supplied remote control
Operating a TV with the remote control
Follow the instruction of "To program the remote control" to set the brand code.
Point the remote control at your TV, and use buttons
To turn the TV on or off.
To select external source such as a
To select TV channel. When selecting
channels 1 to 9, first enter 0 and then
the desired number.
To substitute for 100 channel key.
To turn on or off TV's screen display.
VOL + / -
To adjust the volume.
CH +/ -
To select a channel.
To use for the TV's ENTER key.
To program the remote control
1 Press TV to select TV mode.
2 While holding down PROGRAM enter the two digits
of your TV's brand code (listed on page 47) using
e.g. To program brand code 01.
When using the remote control, press the buttons at intervals
of about 1 second to ensure the correct mode of operation.
3 Release PROGRAM.
The DVD remote control memorizes the selected TV brand
• The remote control is programmed at the factory to
operate TOSHIBA TVs.
• A single brand may use different codes depending on the
particular model. Enter the correct number referring to the
brand code table.
• For some brands, several brand codes are provided. Try
each of them until the remote control operates your TV.
• Some TVs may not respond to all of the functions in the table
above, or may not be operated at all with this remote control.
• If you replace the remote control's batteries, remember to
reprogram the brand codes for TV.
• Press DVD back if DVD operation is required.