• Do not touch electrically live parts after installation.
• Do not use aggressive or abrasive cleaning detergents!
• Do not use a steam cleaner.
Congratulations on purchasing this BOSCH appliance. You have
acquired a top-quality product, which will give you a lot of enjoyment.
These installation instructions describe a continuous-flow heater
• Install the appliance as shown in the illustrations. The illustrations
can be found in the centre of the instruction manual. Observe the
instructions in the text.
Unpacking/Removing the cover (Fig. 1)
• Unpack the appliance and check for transport damage. If any compo-
nents are damaged, then do not connect the appliance.
• Check that your appliance contains all components included in the scope
of delivery: appliance, installation set with supplementary sheets,
installation instructions, operating instructions.
• Please dispose of the packaging and the old appliance
in an environmentally-friendly manner.
• When removing the cover, please note the following: The cover is
fastened by a central closure behind the service flap.
Preparations for installation (Fig.2)
Important: Only use the supplied installation set. The supplied water
connection nozzles must be installed!
• Shut off water supply. The electrical connection (connection cable)
must be disconnected from the power supply. Unscrew the fuse
or switch off the circuit breaker.
• Install the water connection nozzles according to the instructions
on the supplementary sheet.
• The electrical connection cable can either be guided in at the top (X)
or bottom (Y).
• The rear panel must lie against the cold water connection nozzle in
the position provided for such (Fig. 2, 8.).
• Pay attention to horizontal and perpendicular alignment. The
appliance must not tilt out more than 1° (2 %) in any direction!
Wall mounting (Fig. 3)
• The grommet must tightly surround the connection cable. If it is da-
maged during mounting, the openings must be provided with water-
• The electrical supply terminal can be fitted at the top (X) or bottom
(Y). The sheath of the connection cable must extend for at least
40 mm into the appliance.
• The distance to the wall is variable. You can compensate for any
unevenness of the wall's surface. With a distance to the wall of 8–16 mm,
insert the spacer and install the extender (Fig. 3, 3.–6.).
• The appliance must be mounted securely on the wall. If necessary,
attach it at the lower adjustable screws (Fig. 3, 7.).
Water connection (Fig. 4/5)
• Before connecting the water, guide the AquaStop connection pipe
into the grommet (Fig. 5, 7.). The grommet must tightly surround the
• Connect the water supply, then open the cold water supply.
• When tightening the connections, make sure that the AquaStop is
• Press the grip surfaces together and pull out the transport protection
attachment to the right (Fig. 5, 10.).
• The appliance must be vented. To do so, open the warm water tap
fully and flush out the appliance thoroughly for 1 minute.
Electrical connection/Mounting (fig. 6)
• Set the power using the power selector switch before connecting
the wires to the mains connection terminal: Nominal output power
left, reduced output right (Fig. 6, 1.) and the set output marked
on the ratings plate.
• Screw the wires tightly into the mains connection terminal.
• Switch on the safety limiter (Fig. 6, 3.).
• Install the cover (Fig. 6, 4.–7.).
• The installation of non plug-in ready appliances must
be undertaken by the respective utility operator or by a qualified
specialist company, who can also assist you when you are
requesting the approval of the utility company for installation of
Startup (Fig. 7)
The device is compliant to IEC 61000-3-12.
• Switch on the fuses.
• Setting the temperature.
• Initial rinsing: Open the warm water tap fully and allow water to flow
for at least 1 minute. Only then (for safety reasons) will the appliance
begin to heat.
Tip: Should the appliance not start because of a reduced flow-rate,
remove the perlator, shower head or similar before start and repeat the
• Explain the operation of the appliance to the user.
Additional information (Fig. 8)
• If the appliance does not have sufficient water flow due to low water
line pressure in your domestic plumbing system, remove the flow-
rate limiter (Fig. 8, 1.–3.).
• Priority circuit for the combination with electrical s torage heaters:
For operation with a priority circuit, a special load shedding relay
BZ 45L21 (special accessory) is required. Other existing load
shedding relays, with the exception of electronic load shedding
relays, may malfunction (Fig. 8, Wiring diagram).
• The control electronics must be coded when operated with a load
shedding relay. Remove the keying nose on the electronics
(Fig. 8, 4.).
TR8500 – 6 720 876 028 (2017/07)