Product may vary slightly from what is illustrated.
1. Spray nozzle
2. Water-fill cover
3. Dry/steam and self-cleaning selector
4. Spray button
5. Steam button
6. Comfort Grip™ handle (Model S685)
7. Heel rest
8. Temperature-ready light
uto off light
10. Fabric-select dial
11. Water tank
12. Chrome metal skirt
How to Use
This appliance is for household use only.
GETTING ST RTED
Remove any labels, stickers or tags attached to the body or soleplate of the iron.
Note: Use ordinary tap water for ironing. Do not use water processed through a home
Important: For optimum performance, let the iron stand for 90 seconds before beginning
TO FILL THE W TER T NK
1. Grip the sides of the water-fill cover and pull open ( ).
2. Tilt the iron and using a clean measuring cup, pour water into
opening until the water reaches the M X level mark on the water
tank (B). Do not overfill.
3. Close the water-fill cover by pushing down until it snaps into place.
4. Plug in the iron. The temperature-ready light comes on (C).
Tip: If unsure of a garment's fiber, test a small area (on an inside seam
or hem) before ironing.
FOR STE M IRONING
1. Move the dry/steam selector to the desired steam level (D).
2. Turn the fabric-select dial to appropriate setting (between 4 and 6)
for your fabric (E). Read garment's label to help you determine fabric
• The temperature-ready light glows until it reaches the appropriate
• The light cycles glows on and off during ironing.
3. When finished ironing, turn the fabric-select dial to lowest heat setting, move the
dry/steam selector to
and unplug the iron.
FOR DRY IRONING
1. Make sure dry/steam selector is set to
"Emptying Water Tank fter Ironing - Optional").
2. Turn the fabric-select dial to the appropriate setting for your fabric. Read garment's label
to help you determine fabric type.
. You may want to empty the water (see