Product may vary slightly from what is illustrated.
1. Digital display
2. Control panel
3. Reservoir cover
† 4. Water reservoir with level markings
(Part # ODC440-01 model ODC440), (Part # ODC440B-01 model ODC440B)
† 5. Carafe (Part # ODC440-03 model ODC440); (Part # ODC440B-03 model ODC440B)
† 6. Carafe lid
(Part # ODC440-04 model ODC440); (Part # ODC440B-04 model ODC440B)
7. Sneak-A-Cup® interrupt drip stop (under basket)
† 8. Brew Basket
(Part # ODC440-02 model ODC440); (Part # ODC440B-02 model ODC440B)
(Part # ODC450-01 model ODC450)
† 9. Mounting bracket (Part # ODC440-06)
† Consumer replaceable/removables parts
THIS UNIT COMES WITH AN INSTRUCTION SHEET FOR MOUNTING. SEE ATTACHED
INSTRUCTION SHEET FOR DETAILS.
† Mounting parts
(Part # ODC440-06)
10. 4 shorter screws
(non overhanging cabinets)
11. 8 hexagonal nuts
12. Set of 20 spacers
13. 4 screws
How to Use
This product is for household use only.
Before First Use
1. Depress water reservoir release button and pull water reservoir out from unit.
Remove and inventory all packing material, literature and mounting hardware.
2. Brew 12 cups of fresh water through the system using a single paper filter as
instructed in Brewing Coffee, but do not add coffee grounds to the paper filter.
3. When water has brewed through, press ON/OFF button.
4. Clean water reservoir, filter basket, carafe and lid. (See Cleaning.)
Note: Time display will flash when you plug in unit. You may set clock before,
during or after brewing. (See Setting the Clock/Timer.) You do not need to set
clock before brewing.
1. Remove filter basket. Place filter inside and add coffee to be brewed (usually
one heaping tablespoon for every cup. Adjust to taste). Replace filter basket.
2. Depress water reservoir release button, pull out water reservoir and fill with
cold water through lid to desired cup level. Do not overfill reservoir. Replace
reservoir into unit until it snaps into place.
3. Replace empty carafe and be sure it is "seated" in unit so that it fits against the
lever at the back.
4. Press ON/OFF button. "On" appears at upper right. (To set timer for AUTO ON,
see Setting the Clock/Timer.)
5. After you finish brewing and serving, press ON/OFF button to turn unit OFF.
Sneak-A-Cup® Interrupt Feature lets you pour a cup before brewing is complete.
Note: Carafe must be replaced under filter basket in less than a minute to prevent
Caution: Do not pull out filter basket when using this feature as it is filled with hot
Setting the Clock/Timer
You may set the clock before, during or after a brew cycle.
To set current time: Press the HOUR, then MIN buttons until you reach the
current time. Hold down buttons to advance quickly.
Setting the Auto Brew Function
1. Set auto-on time: Press the PROG button. (PROGRAM will flash indicating an
auto-brew time is being set.)
2. Press HOUR and MIN buttons until you reach your desired pre-set brew time.
Display will return to real time after a few seconds.
To check pre-set auto-on time: Press PROG and the preset time will display for
a few seconds as PROGRAM flashes. When it stops flashing, the display will
automatically return to real time.
3. Follow steps 1-3 for Brewing Coffee.
4. Press AUTO button. The word AUTO will appear and remain until brewing
begins at pre-set auto-on time. AUTO will go out at the same time that ON