You are cautioned that any changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for
compliance could void the user's authority to operate the equipment.
For assistance with this product, visit wwv.us.playstation.com or call SCEA Consumer Services at
Declaration of Conformity
Model No. :
Telephone No. :
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules and RSS-Cen of IC Rules. Operation is subject to
the folfowing two conditions: (1) this device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device
must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation of this
Sony Electronics Inc.
16530 Via Esprillo, San Diego, CA 92127 Ư.S.A.
PlayStationoMove motion controller /
Manette de détection de mouvements PlayStationeMove /
Mando de movimiento PlayStationsMove
Instruction Manual / Mode d'emploi / Manual de instrucciones
This Class ß digital apparatus complies with Canadian ICES-003.
About PlayStationaMove products
PlayStationlove products work together to track altd react to your physical movement for
more direct and intuitive operation.
Before using this product, carefully read this manual and retain It for future reference. Read also the instructions
for the PlayStation٠3 system.
٠ Avoid prolonged use of this product. Take a break at about 30 minute intervals.
٠ Stop using this unit immediately If you begin to feel tired or if you experience discomfort or pain in your
hands, wrists or arms during use.
• If the condition persists, discontinue use and consult a doctor.
٠ This product is intended for use with the hands only.
« The vibration function of this product may aggravate injuries. Do not use the ^bration function if you have
any ailment or injury to the bones. Joints, or muscles of your hands or arms.
« When using the motion controller, avoid liolding the controller closer than 8 inches from the face or eyes.
« When using the motion controller, be aware of the following points. If the motion controller hits a person or
an object, it may cause accidental injury or damage.
- Attach the supplied strap to the motion controller and wear the strap
on your wrist.
- ^^en using the motion controller, hold the controller firmly to help
prevent the controller from being thrown accidentally. Furthermore,
avoid swinging the controller with excessive force.
- When using the motion controller in combinatfon with a
PlayStation.Move navigation controller (sold separately) or a
DUALSH0^K٠3 wireless controller (sold separately), hold the
controller fi rmly and avoid swinging it with excessive fo rce.
- Before use, niiike sure that there is plenty of space around you.
٠ When disposing of the motion controller, carefully follow the precautions listed below:
- len removing the battery, do so in a location out of the reach of small children to help prevent accidental
s١١'allo١١'ing of small parts such as screws.
- Be careful not to hurt your nails or fi ngers when removing the battery.
٠ If you come into contact with material from a leaking battery, take the following actions:
- If the material gets into the eyes, do not rub. Immediately flush the eyes with clean water and seek medical
- If the material comes into contact with the skin or clothes, immediately rinse the at'fected area with clean
water. Consult your physician if inflammation or soreness develops.
Use and handling
٠ Do not hold the sphere too tight or place objects on top of it, as doing so may cause It to become misshapen.
٠ Do not expose the product to high temperatures, high humidity or direct sunlight.
« Do not allow the product to come into contact with liquids.
« Do not put heavy objects on the product.
٠ Do not throw or drop the product, or otherwise expose it to strong physical impact.
٠ Do not touch the connectors of the motion controller.
٠ Do not allow liquid, small particles or other foreign objects to get into the motion controller.
٠ Follow the instructions below to help prevent the product exterior from deteriorating or becoming discolored.
- Wipe ١vith a soft, dry cloth.
- Do not place any rubber or vinyl materials on the product exterior for an extended period of time.
- Do not use solvents or other chemicals. Do not wipe with a chemically-treated cleaning cloth.
٠ Do not allow tlie battery to come into contact with fi re or subject it to extreme temperatures such as in direct
sunlight, in a vehicle exposed to the sun or near a heat source.
٠ The PlayStation.Eye camera (sold separately) detects the sphere on the motion controller to
follow your movement.
• The sphere color changes according to the software function and the conditions of use.
٠ Motion controller supports the vibration function.
FCC and IC NOTICE
Tills equipment complies with FCC and IC radiation exposure limits set forth for uncontrolled equipment and
meets the FCC radio frequency (RF) Exposure Guidelines in Supplement c to ΟΕΤ65 and RSS-102 of the IC
radio frequency (RF) Exposure rules. This equipment lias very low levels of RF energy tliat are deemed to
comply without testing of specific absorption ratio (SAR).
This transmitter must not be co-located or operated in conjunction with any other antenna or transmitter.
Preparing for use
Attaching the supplied strap
Follow the diagram to attach the strap.
Tills equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits fo r a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part
15 of the FCC rules.
Tliese limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential
installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio t'requency energy and, if not installed and
used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmt'ul Interference to radio communications. However,
there is no guarantee iJiat interference will not occur in a particular installation. If tills equipment does cause
harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and
on, tlie user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment Into an outlet on a circuit different feom that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult tlie dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.