AHU COMMUNICATIONS KIT INSTALLATION
All electrical work must be performed by a licensed electrician and conform to local building codes or, in the absence
of local codes, with the National Electrical Code, and the instructions in this manual.
If the electrical work is not performed properly, it may result in fire, electric shock, physical injury or death.
All field-supplied parts, materials, and electric work must be conform to local codes.
Improper components and installation may result in fire, electric shock, physical injury or death.
Ensure the power source is disconnected before performing this procedure.
If the power source is connected during this procedure, it could result in electric shock, physical injury, or death�
• Communications wiring must be 18 gauge, shielded, and stranded�
• The thermistor cable, remote controller wires, and communications wires should be positioned at least two (2) inches away from
power supply wires� If these wires are installed too closed together, it may result in product malfunction due to electrical interference�
1. Carefully pull the communications cable through the cable nut and grommet.
2. Refer to the wiring diagram in Figure 6 and connect the communications cable to the appropriate communication terminals for your
system: Single IDU, DDC (RS485 Ch1), or Multi V IDU (RS485 Ch2).
3. Pull enough cable through the nut and grommet to allow enough slack for strain relief.
4. Tighten the cable nut.
Figure 8: Communications Wiring Connection
Front View with Cover Open
Due to our policy of continuous product innovation, some specifications may change without notification.
©LG Electronics U.S.A., Inc., Englewood Cliffs, NJ. All rights reserved. "LG" is a registered trademark of LG Corp.
Comm Cable to:
• Single IDU, or
• DDC (RS485 Ch1), or
• Multi V IDU (RS485 Ch2)