The PAHCMR000 AHU Communications Kit bridges LG's air conditioning outdoor unit to a third party Air
Handling Unit (AHU). Its function is based on the return air temperature control. In installations where
the AHU is designed with Direct Expansion (DX) Coil, the PAHCMR000 will control the return air tem-
perature by measuring the inlet and outlet temperatures of the DX coil and changing the operation of the
outdoor unit and the expansion unit. PAHCMR000 AHU Communications Kit features are:
• It can be used with LG Multi V air or water source outdoor units and LG Single Zone outdoor units.
• It supports AHU coil capacities from 12 - 396 kBtu/h.
• It controls the Electronic Expansion Valve (EEV, required, sold separately)
• It measures the return air temperature through the enclosed temperature sensor and controls the
outdoor unit to secure the demanded return air temperature.
• It can be directly connected to direct digital control (DDC) without a separate control module, so DDC
can receive product control and status information through Modbus communication.
• The PAHCMR000 AHU Communications Kit consists of a chassis, communication module, pipe-in
thermistor, pipe-out thermistor, and room (return) air thermistor.
Figure 2: AHU Communications Kit System Schematic.
AHU Comm Kit
Control Signal (field supplied)
LG wired controller is required.
Compatible units are Multi V and Single Zone.
Compatible central controllers are AC Smart IV and ACP IV.
is a trademark of ASHRAE; LonWorks
Due to our policy of continuous product innovation, some specifications may change without notification.
©LG Electronics U.S.A., Inc., Englewood Cliffs, NJ. All rights reserved. "LG" is a registered trademark of LG Corp.
AHU KIT INTRODUCTION
LG Multi V
Air Source or
Water Source Unit
Refrigerant ﬂow (cooling)
Refrigerant ﬂow (heating)
is a trademark of Echlelon Corporation.
Figure 1: PAHCMR000 AHU
LG Central Controller