• Check the operating voltage before operation.
Operate the unit only with a power source specified in
• Stop operation immediately if any liquid or solid
object falls into the cabinet. Unplug the unit and have
it checked by qualified personnel.
• Unplug the unit from the wall outlet if you will not be
using it for a long time. Disconnect the power cord by
grasping the plug. Never pull the cord itself.
• Do not disassemble the cabinet. Refer servicing to
qualified personnel only.
• Connect the power plug of the unit to a wall outlet
with a protective earth terminal. The safety earth
should be properly established.
Caution on the paper cutter
A paper cutter is mounted with the unit. When loading a
paper or cleaning the unit, be careful not to touch the
paper cutter. Touching the paper cutter may cause injury.
On the Printer Carriage
Do not carry or move the unit when the paper roll is
placed in the unit. Doing so may cause a malfunction.
• Place the unit on a level and stable surface.
If you use the unit with placed on an uneven surface,
malfunction of the unit is likely to occur.
• Do not install the unit near heat sources. Avoid
locations near radiators or air ducts, or places subject
to direct sunlight or excessive dust, humidity,
mechanical shock or vibration.
• Provide adequate air circulation to prevent heat build-
up. Do not place the unit on surfaces such as rugs,
blankets, etc., or near materials such as curtains and
• To prevent internal heat built-up, leave enough room
around the printer for air to circulate through the
ventilation holes (intake) on the left hand side and the
ventilation holes (exhaust) on the rear of the cabinet.
Ventilation holes (exhaust)
• If the unit is subjected to wide and sudden changes in
temperature, such as when it is moved from a cold
room to a warm room or when it is left in a room with
a heater that tends to produce large amounts of
moisture, condensation may form inside the unit. In
such cases the unit will probably not work properly,
and may even develop a fault if you persist in using it.
If moisture or condensation forms, turn off the power
and allow the unit to stand for at least one hour.
Ventilation holes (intake)