Setting up your TV
Some TV models are packaged with a detached
Table-Top Stand so you can mount your TV to
a wall right away. If you are not mounting the
TV to a wall, you will need to attach the Table-
Top Stand. You will need a Phillips
screwdriver and the supplied screws to
complete the task. Look for the attachment
instructions provided with the TV.
Be sure to consider the following while setting
up your TV:
• Disconnect all cables when carrying the
• Carry the TV with the adequate number of
people; larger size TVs require two or more
• Correct hand placement while carrying the
TV is very important for safety and to avoid
• Ensure your TV has adequate ventilation,
see page 16.
• For best picture quality, do not expose the
screen to direct illumination or sunlight.
• Avoid installing the TV in a room with
reflective wall and floor materials.
• If the TV is brought directly from a cold to
a warm location, or is placed in a very damp
room, or is placed in a room in which
heating has just been turned on, moisture
may condense on the surface or inside the
TV. Should this occur, turn off the TV and
leave the TV off until the moisture
evaporates, and then the TV can be used. If
you notice moisture condensation between
the glass panel and the LCD, turn on the TV
and the condensation will evaporate after
the TV has warmed up.
Attaching the Table-Top
Refer to the supplied Table-Top Stand
instruction leaflet for proper attachment for
some TV models.
• Do not put stress on the LCD panel or the frame
around the screen.
• Be careful to not pinch your hands or the AC
power cord when you install the TV unit to the
For KDL-52/46NX800 and KDL-46/
Gently slide the TV unit onto the
Table-Top Stand and align the screw
Use the supplied screws to attach the
TV unit to the Table-Top Stand.
• If you use an electric screwdriver, set the
tightening torque at approximately 1.5 N·m
After all the screws are tighten cover
the Table-Top Stand with the supplied
Stand Rear Cover.