Securing the TV
Sony strongly recommends
taking measures to prevent the
TV from toppling over.
Unsecured TVs may topple and
result in property damage,
serious bodily injury or even
Preventing the TV from
• Secure the TV to a wall and/or stand.
• Do not allow children to play or climb on
furniture and TV sets.
• Avoid placing or hanging items on the TV.
• Never install the TV on:
– slippery, unstable and/or uneven surfaces.
– furniture that can easily be used as steps,
such as a chest of drawers.
• Install the TV where it cannot be pulled,
pushed, or knocked over.
• Route all AC power cords and connecting
cables so that they are not accessible to
Recommended Measures to
Secure the TV
Consider the following measures when
securing your TV to a TV stand (not supplied).
Secure the Stand for the TV.
Make sure the TV stand can adequately
support the weight of the TV. Use two angle
braces (not supplied) to secure the stand. For
each angle brace use the appropriate hardware
• Attach one side of the angle brace to the
• Attach the other side to the TV stand.
Secure the TV to the Stand.
Use the optional hardware listed below (not
• M4 × 16 machine screw (screwed into the
TV's Table-Top Stand)
• A screw or similar (attach it to the TV
• Rope or chain (strong enough to support the
weight of the TV). Make sure that there is
no excess slack in the rope or chain.
An alternative way to secure the TV is with an
optional Sony Support Belt Kit.
Screw hole on the
Contact Sony Customer Support to obtain the
optional Support Belt Kit by providing your TV
• For United States call: 1-800-488-7669 or visit:
• For Canada call: 1-877-899-7669
M4 × 16
Rope or chain
Screw (not supplied)