The TV will indicate any problems with the STANDBY indicator flashing in red.
When the STANDBY indicator is flashing
The self-diagnosis function is activated.
Count how many times the STANDBY indicator flashes between each three second
For example, the indicator may flash three times, go off for three seconds, then flash again three
Press 1 (POWER) on the TV to turn it off, disconnect the AC power cord, and inform
your dealer or Sony service center of how the indicator flashes (number of flashes).
When the STANDBY indicator is not flashing
Check the items in the tables below. (Also refer to "Troubleshooting" in the i-Manual.)
If the problem persists, contact Sony Customer Support (information provided on the
There is no picture (screen
is dark) and no sound.
Tiny black dots and/or
bright dots appear on the
The TV's power cannot be
The TV turns off
automatically (the TV
enters standby mode).
The remote does not
The TV and its surrounding
The Parental Lock
password has been
• Check the antenna/cable connection.
• Connect the TV to the AC power, and press
• If the STANDBY indicator lights up in red, press TV
• The screen is composed of pixels. Tiny black dots and/or bright
dots (pixels) on the screen do not indicate a malfunction.
• Check to see the (z) mark on the ENERGY SAVING SWITCH
• Check if the Sleep Timer, Timer, or Idle TV Standby is
• The Auto Shut-off function may be set to On. If Auto
Shut-off is activated and TV receives no signal, the TV will
automatically enter standby mode in 15 minutes. Check Auto
Shut-off is activated under Eco feature of this TV.
• Replace the batteries.
• Your TV may be in SYNC mode. Press SYNC MENU, select TV
Control and then select Home (Menu) or Options to control
• When the TV is used for an extended period of time, the TV and
its surround may become warm to touch. This is not malfunction
of the TV.
• Enter 4357 for the PIN code. (PIN code 4357 is always accepted.)
(POWER) on the