The CDU625 is an internal CD-ROM (Compact Disc Read-Only
Memory) drive unit designed for use with an IBM PC, HP Vectra, or
compatible computer. It can read as much as 540 Mbytes of digital
data stored in a single CD-ROM disc.
The CDU625 has the following features:
• 5 1/4 inch half-height drive form factor.
• Embedded SCSI bus interface (SCSI-2).
• 256-kbyte buffer memory on the SCSI controller.
• Audio CD like drawer loading of a disc without using a caddy.
• Power loading and power eject of a disc. The disc can also be
• Housed in an airtight frame casing.
• Equipped with a parity on/off switch.
Supported disc format
• Reads data in CD-ROM, CD-ROM XA, CD-I and CD-I Ready
• Reads data in CD-BRIDGE format including PHOTO-CD.
• Reads standard CD-Digital Audio encoded discs.
• Supports standard, quadruple, and 12 - 24 speed operations with
• Fast access time ensuring reliable high-speed data access.
• Outputs 16-bit digital audio data over the SCSI interface.
• Equipped with audio line output and headphones jack for audio
The CDU625 is not equipped with an ADPCM audio circuitry
required to support CD-ROM XA and CD-I compatible audio
modes. In addition, the unit does not support the CD-I graphic
decoding function; it has to be provided by the system.
standard format discs, and from CD EXTRA disc.
real time error correction.