• Avoid placing the drive in a location subject to:
• The drive can be used in either a horizontal or vertical position.
• Do not force the power cable. It is keyed to protect the drive.
• Do not move the drive when it is in use. Doing so may cause data
• Avoid exposing the drive to sudden changes in temperature as
• Close the disc drawer before moving the drive.
• Keep the original packing materials. When you need to ship the
– high humidity
– high temperature
– excessive dust
– mechanical vibration
– direct sunlight
error and damage the optical pick-up.
condensation may form on the lens inside the drive. Should the
surrounding temperature suddenly rise while the drive is turned
on, stop using the drive and leave the power on at least one hour
before operating it or turning it off. Operating the drive
immediately after a sudden increase in temperature may result in a
drive to another location, repacking it in its original container will
help you transport it safely.