F884i_013_PL.fm 16 ページ ２００８年１月１０日 木曜日 午後８時６分
● Keep water away from FOMA terminal.
FOMA terminal, battery pack, adapter
(including battery charger) and UIM are not
waterproof. Do not use FOMA terminal in
bathrooms or other high-humidity areas, or in
the rain. When carrying FOMA terminal in a
pocket near your body, sweat may corrode the
inner components, causing malfunction.
Malfunctions deemed to be caused by water
are not covered by the warranty, and may be
impossible to repair. Since these conditions
are outside the scope of the warranty, a repair,
if at all possible, is charged.
● Clean FOMA terminal with a dry soft cloth (such
as a cloth for eyeglasses).
The display of FOMA terminal may have been
applied special coating to improve clearness of
the color LCD. When cleaning FOMA terminal,
rubbing it roughly with a dry cloth can scratch
the display. Take care when handling the unit,
and clean it with a dry soft cloth (such as a cloth
for eyeglasses). Drops of water or dirt left on the
display can cause stains or remove the coating.
If FOMA terminal is wiped with alcohol, paint
thinner, benzine or detergent, the printing may
disappear or color may fade.
● Clean the jack occasionally with a dry cotton
If the jack is dirty, the contact may become
poor and the power may shut off. A dirty jack
can result in poor charging, so clean it with a
dry cloth or cotton swab.
● Do not place FOMA terminal near an air-
The rapid change in temperature may cause
condensation, causing internal corrosion and
● When using, be careful not to subject excessive
force to the FOMA terminal or the battery.
If the FOMA terminal is crammed into a
brimming bag or placed in a pocket and sat on,
display, internal PCBs or battery pack may be
damaged or malfunction.
And, if external devices are plugged into the
external connecting jack or earphone/
microphone jack, the breakage of the
connector or malfunction may result.
● Carefully read the separate instructions that
come with the FOMA terminal, adapter
(including battery charger) and desktop holder.
● Do not rub or scrape the display with a metal
It may scratch the display, causing malfunction
● Avoid extreme temperature.
Use FOMA terminal in an ambient temperature
range of between 5 and 35℃, and in a humidity
range of between 45 and 85%.
● FOMA terminal may affect general subscriber
phones, TVs or radios in use nearby, so use it as
far as possible from these appliances.
● Maintain a separate record of the data you
register in your FOMA terminal.
If the data should be deleted, DoCoMo
assumes no responsibility for the loss of any
● Do not plug external devices into the external
connecting jack or the earphone/microphone
jack at a slant, or do not pull it forcibly while it is
May cause malfunction or damage.
● Do not fold FOMA terminal with the strap held
May cause malfunction or damage.
● It is normal for FOMA terminal to become warm
during use or charging. Continue to use it.
● Do not leave the FOMA terminal with the camera
in areas under strong direct sunlight.
May cause discoloring or burn-in of materials.
● Usually, use FOMA terminal with the earphone/
microphone jack cover, external connecting jack
cap and microSD memory card slot cover
Dust and/or water brought into FOMA terminal
● Do not use the FOMA terminal with the back
It may cause the battery to come off, or may
cause a malfunction or damage.
● Do not put an extremely thick sticker, etc. on the
surface of display or keys.
May cause malfunction.
● Do not rotate the display with the FOMA
It may cause the display or around the keys to
be scratched, causing a malfunction or
● While using microSD memory card, do not
remove microSD memory card or turn OFF the
It may cause data loss or malfunction.
● The battery pack is a consumable part.
Replace the battery pack if FOMA terminal has
extremely short operation time on a full
charge, though it may vary by operating
conditions. Purchase a new battery pack of the