Kenmore 303.14601 FURNACE HUMIDIFIER MAINTENANCE
APPLY THIS LABEL WHERE IT WILL BE EASILY SEEN AND SERVE AS A
REMINDER TO PERFORM THIS ROUTINE SERVICE.
Regular cleaning is necessary to keep the parts free of lime deposits.
Service every month during the heating seasonor more often depending on the water conditions.
1. Unplug transformer.
2. Close saddle valve.
3. Remove front plastic panel and lift up top hinged cover.
4. Pull out pivot pin and remove float and float arm.
5. Lift out the media wheel and reservoir.
6. Pour contents of reservoir down the drain.
7. Clean lime from all parts using a solution of vinegar and water, detergent and water, or SearsAll-Purpose
Humidifier Cleaner (Stock No. 42-14713).
8. Remove media pad from inside of wheel and clean thoroughly.
Replace if necessary with Sears Stock No.
Stretch new media lengthwise before placing in wheel.
If the reservoir has been overflowing, the operating float valve button may be worn.
Remove the operating
float valve button, turn it over and reinsert (or replace after both surfaces are worn).
10. Reinstall reservoir, media wheel with pad, float, and pivot pin.
11.Open saddle valve and check water level in reservoir. Adjust float as required.
12.Close top metal hinged cover and replace front plastic cover.
13.Plug in transformer.
14.Turn humidistat to "test" momentarily and check for media wheel rotation.
Reset humidistat according to
outdoor temperature as instructed on label and reinstall front cover. Unit is back in operation.
Unplug transformer, close saddle valve, close bypass damper.
CLEAN PERABOVE AND LEAVE
RESERVOIR EMPTY. (As
a reminder you may want to put a tag or sticker on the unit indicating it
has been shut down for the summer and will require startup in the fall.)
Plug in transformer, open saddle valve, open bypass damper and set humidistat to "test".
proper water level and media wheel operation.
Reset humidistat according to the outdoor temperature
as instructed on label. Unit is back in operation.