5.Connect neutral g rounding w ireandtheneutral wire
(white or center) o f direct w irecableunder t hecenter
screwofterminal b lock.
terminal block screw
Neutral wire (white)
w re I III " . gr0ced .,w re
6. Place the hook-shaped end of the wire over the
terminal block screw. The open side of the hook
should face to the right. Squeeze hook end of wire
together to form a loop.
7. Connect the other two wires to outer terminal block
screws. Use the same method described in Step 6.
8. Connect the direct wire cable (bare) grounding wire to
conductor screw. Tighten all
terminal block screws firmly.
9. Tighten the strain relief screws.
10. Insert tab of terminal block cover into slot of the dryer
rear panel. Secure cover with hold-down screw.
The dryer must be properly installed and vented to
achieve maximum drying efficiency. Install the dryer in a
room where the temperature is always
above 45°R Also make sure that the dryer is
leveled. If the dryer is not properly installed and vented,
it will not be covered under the warranty.
NOTE: Service calls caused by improper venting will be
paid for by the customer, whether it was a paid installa-
tion or self-installed.
For paid installation, call the
company that installed the vent for adjustment.
Use a heavy metal vent.
Do not use a plastic vent.
Do not use a metal foil vent.
Failure to follow these instructions can result in
death or fire.
To reduce the risk of fire, this dryer
MUST BE EXHAUSTED OUTDOORS.
* Do not exhaust dryer into a chimney, a wall, a ceiling,
or a concealed space of a building.
* The diameter of the heavy metal vent must be 4 inch.
* Do not use an exhausted hood with a magnetic latch.
If using an existing exhaust system, remove lint. Make
sure exhaust hood is not plugged with lint.
* Disconnect vent from the dryer and clean one section
at a time until you reach the exhaust hood.
* Use the hose attachment on your vacuum, or a pole
with a feather duster or rag attached, to clean out lint.
* Be sure the flapper on the outside end of vent moves
* When cleaning is complete, be sure to follow these
Installation Instructions for final product check.
Clean exhaust vent periodically, depending on use, but
at least every 2 years, or when installing your dryer in a
continued on next page