Keep flammable materials and vapors, such as
gasoline, away from dryer.
Place dryer at least 18 inches (46 cm) above
the floor for a garage installation.
Failure to do so can result in death, explosion,
Excessive Weight Hazard
Use two or more people to move and
Failure to do so can result in back or
* Do not move dryer by grasping console.
* Rough handling or moving dryer over rough floor can
result in damage to leveling feet.
* Slide dryer onto cardboard or hardboard before
moving across floor.
1. Open dryer and remove any shipping tape that
secures the dryer drum. Remove all parts, packages,
and leveling feet.
2. Move dryer close to permanent location.
3. Install leveling legs:
* Take two of the cardboard corners from the carton
and place them on the floor in back of the dryer.
Firmly grasp the body of the dryer and gently lay it
back on the cardboard corners.
* Check leg for diamond marking. This is how far the
leg should go into the hole. Start to screw legs into
holes by hand. A little liquid detergent applied to the
legs will help lubricate them.
* Use a 1-inch wrench to finish turning the legs until
you reach the diamond mark.
• Stand the dryer up and move it close to its final
Leave enough room to connect the
• Check levelness of dryer by placing a level on top of
the dryer, first side-to-side; then front-to-back.
• If the dryer is not level, prop the dryer up using two
stacked cardboard corner posts.
• Use a wrench to adjust the legs up or down until the
top of the dryer is level.