WHEN INSTALLING THIS PRODUCT...
1. Read these instructions carefully. Failure to follow
them could damage the product or cause a hazardous
2. Check the ratings given in the instructions and on
the product to make sure the product is suitable for your
3. Installer must be a trained, experienced service
4. After installation is complete, check out product
operation as provided in these instructions.
Do not use tools to adjust the EA122 or dam-
age to the vent may result. Use hands only to
adjust vent. A wrench may be used only on hex
Install the EA122A on the positive side of the circulator
pump at the point where air will accumulate. This is usually
the high point of the supply or the return main in the system
as shown in Fig. 3.
Fig. 3—Install EA122A at high point in system.
EA122A AIR VENT
USE WRENCH TO
TIGHTEN HEX SECURELY.
SAFETY CONNECTION FOR PIPING
BETWEEN VALVE DISCHARGE AND DRAIN
INSTALL EA122A AT HIGH POINT IN SYSTEM.
1. Fit EA122A vent in piping at a location as specified
in the Location section.
2. Turn EA122A until vent fits tightly on piping. Use a
wrench to securely tighten hex.
3. If safety drain connection is desired, install a pipe
between vent discharge and drain using Q122A1001 Safe
4. Make sure that the red vent cap is securely tightened,
and that the valve is in the closed position by turning vent
body clockwise. See Fig. 4. Use hands only to avoid
damaging the vent.
5. With the valve in the closed position, flush the system
as required to remove dirt, debris and contaminants.
6. Fill the system with the appropriate solution.
7. Operate the EA122A by turning the air vent body
counterclockwise to the open position. Use hands only, see
8. Make sure the red vent cap is tightened all the way
to the stop position for proper leakage guard operation.
Use hands only to tighten.
Fig. 4—Turn vent body counterclockwise to
open or clockwise to close.