User Guide For Use With Ascensia ® ® reeze Blood Glucose Meter and Ascensia ® ® reeze Unique 10-Test Disc...
Increased Memory Capacity asy as Open meter, insert 10-test disc, close meter. Pull (a) and push (b) handle to expose test strip. Apply sample. Bayer Diabetes Care Helpline: 1-800-268-7200 Smaller Blood Drop, Faster Test Results, and 1-2-3...
aBlE of ontEnts ntroductIon ntroductIon A L xpLAnAtIon estIng AterIALs vEryday 10-t nsertIng unnIng Lood marking a deleted blood test understanding your test results unnIng ontroL marking a control test Eyond vEryday ecALLIng viewing your averages clearing stored test results etup unctIon setting the time setting the date...
aBlE of EchnIcal nformatIon pecIfIcAtIons erforMAnce olvIng roBlEms oLvIng robLeMs roubLeshootIng ustoMer ervIce epLAceMent ArrAntY nforMAtIon The Ascensia ® REEZE strips and controls) is intended for self-testing by persons with diabetes and by healthcare professionals, to monitor the level of glucose in whole blood.
ntroductIon ntroductIon Thank you for choosing the Ascensia Glucose Monitoring System! We are proud to be your partner in helping you manage your diabetes. We understand that people who regularly check their blood glucose levels want a meter that is simple, straightforward and easy to use. As you use your B reeze •...
ook at Screen This is where your test results will be displayed. Battery Holder (side of meter) Holds one CR2032 lithium battery (included). On/Off Button Used to manually turn the meter on or off, check the number of strips and check the date/time.
On/Off Button Used to manually turn the meter on or off, check the number of strips, and check the date/time. Memory Button Used to view your blood glucose results stored in memory and to view your test result averages. Setup Button Used to enter the Setup mode...
A full display, as shown here, indicates that all elements in the display are working properly. To view the full display, press and hold the On/Off button ( way out. Compare your meter to the display shown here before you run each test. If there is a difference, please see “Troubleshooting and Error Codes”...
Here is what each display element means: Insert a new test disc The volume of Apply blood to the test strip the buzzer www.ascensia.ca Temperature is too high or too low Battery is low or dead The result is not to be included in the averages The result is a...
EstIng atErIals Ascensia ® reeze 10-Test Disc (Disc contains ten test strips) (Not included) Ascensia ® reeze Normal Control (Not included) Ascensia ® icroLet Adjustable Lancing Device and Lancet (Included) Bayer Diabetes Care Helpline: 1-800-268-7200 ® ® ®...
Open the meter by pressing down on the back edge of the open latch and then pulling up on the base. Open Test Disc Package 2. Open a new 10-Test Disc package. Check the expiration date on the disc. www.ascensia.ca...
Insert Disc 3. Insert a new 10-Test Disc (with the bumpy side up), aligning the 5 notches in the disc with the tabs on the meter. Close Meter 4. Close the meter and snap it shut. Keep the meter ﬂ at when closing it.
Counting the Number of Strips Left Your B Meter will reeze automatically count down the number of test strips you have left. The number is shown with your test result. To see the count when the meter is off, press the button.
1. Wash your hands well with soap and warm water. Rinse and dry thoroughly. Prepare Lancing Device 2. Remove the endcap from the M icroLet Adjustable Lancing Device. (See M icroLet package insert for complete instructions.) 3. Loosen the cap on a lancet by rotating it ¼...
Then insert the lancet fi rmly until it comes to a full stop. This will “cock” the device. 4. Twist off the lancet cap and replace the endcap. Push Out Test Strip 5. Your B Meter uses reeze a special, easy-to-use “Pull and Push”...
NOTE: After the meter handle is pushed in, the release button is UP, a test strip is pushed out, and a series of “apply blood” prompts appears. The meter is now ready to run a blood glucose test. CAUTION: • Your meter is designed to push out one test strip at a time.
Test 7. Your test strip is like a straw—it sips in a sample of blood. Move the entire front edge of the test strip until it touches the edge of the blood drop, without touching the fi nger. The blood is automatically pulled into the test strip and fi lls the test strip.
8. After the beep, the display counts down from “5” to “1. ” Your test result then appears on the screen. Helpful Hint: displayed in the upper left corner is the number of test strips remaining in your 10-test disc. IMPORTANT: to mark this result as a deleted blood test, you must do that now, while the result...
9. To release the used test strip, hold the meter with the test strip pointing down over a waste container. Press the release button. Be sure the heel of your hand is not against the meter handle. NOTE: If you block the meter handle with your hand, the test strip may not release properly.
PRECAUTIONS: • Test your blood again if your glucose result is below 2.8 mmol/L, above 13.9 mmol/L or if the meter shows “LO” or “HI.” If your glucose level is still below 2.8 mmol/L, above 13.9 mmol/L, or if the meter again shows “LO”...
You must mark the result immediately after the test is performed—while the result is still displayed on the screen. To do this, follow these steps: 1. Open the Button Door (see page 3). 2. Press the button to mark as deleted. 3. The symbol indicates a deleted result.
• Before a meal: 4.0–7.0 mmol/L • 2 hours after a meal: 5.0–10.0 mmol/L Symptoms of High or Low Blood Glucose You can better understand your test results by being aware of the symptoms of high or low blood glucose;...
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, test your blood glucose. If your result is below 2.8 mmol/L or above 13.9 mmol/L, or is displayed as “LO” or “HI,” contact your doctor immediately. *For additional information and symptoms, refer to the website for the Canadian Diabetes Association: www.diabetes.ca...
UP, a test strip is pushed out and a series of “apply blood” prompts appears. The meter is now ready to run a control test. 2. Squeeze a small drop of control solution onto reeze a nonabsorbent surface (such as a clean piece of wax paper).
Test 3. Move the entire front edge of the test strip until it touches the edge of the drop of control solution. The control solution is automatically pulled into the test strip. IMPORTANT: Hold the test strip in place until the meter beeps, then move the meter away.
To do this, follow these steps: 5. Open the Button Door. Press the as a control. symbol indicates a control result. Press to accept. Bayer Diabetes Care Helpline: 1-800-268-7200 Test reeze button to mark LOW/BASSE NORMAL/NORMALE HIGH/HAUTE 2.6-4.8 5.8-8.3 13.9-18.1 mmol/L 1A2164AA LOT: 2007-03 EXP:...
6. To release the used test strip, hold the meter with the test strip pointing down over a waste container. Press the release button. Be sure the heel of your hand is not against the meter handle. NOTE: If you block the meter handle with your hand, the test strip may not release properly.
This makes it easy to see your previous blood glucose test results. To view those results: 1. Open the Button Door. 2. Press the The meter shows you the most recent test result. 3. Press the each of your stored results.
(the previous 24 hours), 7 days, 14 days, and 30 days. To see the averages, simply follow these steps. 1. Open the Button Door and press the meter will show you your last result. 2. Press the button again to see your blood glucose average for the last 14 days.
Clearing Stored Test Results To clear the stored results from your meter, follow these simple steps: 1. Open the Button Door. 2. Press the 3. Press the and hold it. 4. While holding the press and hold the 5. Hold both buttons together...
Setup to turn the meter off. Just remember to press the button fi rst to store your changes! Setting the Time 1. Open the Button Door (see page 3). 2. Press 3. Press as needed to change the hour. When the correct hour is being displayed, press accept it and move on.
Setting the Date NOTE: If you have just set the time, skip ahead to step 4. 1. Open the Button Door. 2. Press 3. Press until you see the “day” display fl ashing. 4. Press the day.
5. Press to change the month. Press to accept and move on. 6. Press to change the year. Press to accept and move on. www.ascensia.ca...
There are three different buzzer levels: NOTE: If you have just set the date, skip ahead to step 4. 1. Open the Button Door. 2. Press 3. Press until you see the “buzzer” symbol. 4. Press the buzzer level.
) or 24-hour ( as follows: NOTE: If you have just set the buzzer level, skip ahead to step 4. 1. Open the Button Door. 2. Press 3. Press until you see the “time format” display. 4. Press to change the time format.
NOTE: If you have just set the time format, skip ahead to step 4. 1. Open the Button Door. 2. Press 3. Press until you see the “date format” display. 4. Press date format.
ransfErrIng You can transfer test results from the B reeze to a computer, where they can be summarized in a report with graphs and tables. To make use of this feature, you need Bayer diabetes management software and a Bayer data cable.
lEanIng Your B reeze wet) lint-free tissue with a mild detergent or disinfecting solution (1 part bleach mixed with 9 parts water). Do not use alcohol. Wipe the outside of the meter, taking care to keep detergent or disinfecting solution from running down into the test strip slot.
EPlacIng thE Your B Meter uses one 3-volt lithium battery reeze (CR2032). A battery will already be installed in the meter when you buy it. A fl ashing battery on the screen means that it is time to put a new battery in the meter.
1. Hold the meter with the display screen down. Open the meter by pressing in on the open latch and pulling up. 2. Slide out the battery holder. NOTE: You must open the meter ﬁ rst in order to remove the battery holder.
4. Snap 1 new battery (CR2032) ﬁ rmly in the holder with the + side up. 5. Gently slide the battery holder back into the battery compartment. Make sure the battery holder is pushed all the way in. 6. Close the meter. 7.
EchnIcal PEcIfIcatIons Test: Calibration: Sample Size: Units of Measure: Test Range: Results: Memory Feature: Normal Operating Temperature: Humidity: Power Source: ErformancE Refer to the direction insert for the B for performance information. For additional performance data contact the Bayer Diabetes Care Helpline at 1-800-268-7200.
1. Do you have a 10-Test Disc in the meter? Yes____ No_____ If No, see page 7. 2. Does it contain new test strips? Yes____ No_____ If No, see page 7. 3. Is the 10-Test Disc within its expiration date? Yes_____ No______ If No, see page 7.
rouBlEshootIng and When you have a problem or a question concerning what you see on your screen, the following may be helpful. What You See Bayer Diabetes Care Helpline: 1-800-268-7200 rror What It Means Test result is below 0.6 mmol/L. Test result is above 33.3 mmol/L.
What You See What It Means Low Battery symbol flashes if battery power is low. Battery life has ended. Temperature is outside the operating range of the meter (too hot or too cold). Meter does not recognize the test disc. Test strip was removed during the test, or the release button was...
“apply blood” prompts before you touch the strip to the blood drop. 2. Wick the moisture away (see page 34), then repeat the test. Release the used test strip and repeat the test with a new strip (see page 10).
Bayer Diabetes Care Helpline. 1. Press the button. 2. This is a normal expected action that saves battery life. Press 1. Replace the battery (see page 35). 2. Check the battery and battery holder to be sure they are tightly in place and correctly side down.
What You See Control Test result is out of range (too high or too low). Meter begins countdown before blood is applied. Some display segments do not appear to be showing when is held in or the meter handle is all the way out. Bayer Diabetes Care Helpline: 1-800-268-7200 What It Means •...
• Fill out the following check list before you call: Check List: 1. The meter serial number:____________________________ 2. Date and time the problem occurred: _ ________________ 3. I have tested with Normal Control: Yes______ No______ The Normal Control result was: _ ______________________ Lot Number: ___________ Expiration Date:____________ 4.
EPlacEmEnt If you call or write for supplies, please include the number with the name of the replacement part or product. Replacement Parts Part Number* Item 40030030 99C61189 50184343 You can obtain these parts in Canada by calling: 1-800-268-7200 or by writing: Bayer Inc.
1. The attached warranty card must be completed, signed and returned to validate your warranty. 2. This warranty is limited to replacement due to defects in parts or workmanship. Bayer shall not be required to replace any meters which are necessitated by abuse, accidents,...
4. This warranty is available only to registrants with a Canadian address. THIS WARRANTY IS EXPRESSLY LIMITED TO THE METER AND MADE IN LIEU OF ANY AND ALL OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (EITHER IN FACT OR BY OPERATION OF LAW) INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR USE WHICH ARE EXPRESSLY EXCLUDED, UNLESS PROHIBITED BY LAW, AND IS THE ONLY WARRANTY...