Be sure to wear protective goggles and gloves when handling the lubricating oil, so that it does not get into your eyes or
onto your skin. If care is not taken, inflammation can result.
Furthermore, do not drink the lubricating oil. Diarrhea or vomiting may result.
Keep the oil out of the reach of children.
When cutting the nozzle of the oil tank, hold the base of the nozzle securely.
If you hold the end of the nozzle, injury from the scissors may result.
･ The sewing machine should always be lubricated and the oil supply replenished before it is used for the first time, and also after
long periods of non-use.
･ Use only the lubricating oil (JXTG Nippon Oil & Energy SEWINGLUBE N 10; VG10) specified by Brother.
* If this type of lubricating oil is difficult to obtain, the recommended oil to use is Exxon Mobil Essotex SM10, VG10.
1. Open the front cover (1), remove the rubber cap (2), and
then fill with oil until the oil level reaches the point in between
the upper reference line [A] and the lower reference line [B]
on the oil gauge (3).
* If the oil level drops to the lower reference line [B], be sure
to add more oil.
2. Insert the rubber cap (2) and then close the front cover (1).
* Periodically loosen the oil drain screw (4) to drain out any oil
which collects in the bed.
After draining the oil, tighten the oil drain screw (4).
3. Add lubricating oil through the oil feeding pocket (5) until the
level reaches the center position between the upper
reference line [A] and lower reference line [B] on the oil
* If the level of lubricating oil is lower than the lower
reference line, the amount of oil is insufficient. Always be
sure to keep the lubricating oil at a level that is above the
lower reference line.