COMPACT I/O MODULE
NOTES REGARDING DEVICE DESCRIPTION
These instructions include indications for use and mounting of
the device. In case of questions that cannot be answered with
these instructions, please consult the product supplier or
manufacturer. It is the responsibility of the equipment installer
to ensure that all federal, state and local codes are followed.
• Keep these Installation Instructions for industrial safety and
the prevention of accidents.
• Only qualified personnel shall do mounting and installation
work with these devices, see section titled "Qualified
• The information in these instructions must be read and
understood by every person using this device.
Qualified personnel in the sense of these instructions are
persons who are well versed in the use and installation of
such devices and whose professional qualification meets the
requirements of their work.
This includes, for example:
• Qualification to connect the device according to applicable
specifications and regulations, and a qualification to put
this device into operation, to power it down, or to activate it
by respecting the internal directions.
• Knowledge of safety rules.
• Knowledge about application and use of the device within
the equipment system.
1. Unpack the XIO-8AI Universal LON Analog Input
2. Check the equipment and report any damage to a
3. Read all of these instructions and ensure they are
Mount the XIO-8AI Universal LON Analog Input Module on
standard DIN rail per DIN EN 50022 (1.35 x 0.3 in. [35 x
7.5 mm]), in junction boxes and/or on distribution panels.
Electrical installation and device termination shall
be accomplished by qualified persons only, by
respecting all applicable specifications and
1. Power down the equipment. Mount the module on the
2. Plug in the terminal block for bus connection.
3. Prepare the cable for bus connection:
a. Remove about 0.75 in. (2 cm) of the plastic cable
b. Strip 0.2 in. (5 mm) insulation from each wire. Put a
wire end sleeve to stranded wires.
c. Insert the wire to the respective contact and secure
it by screwing down the contact screw.
d. Wire cross section of the 4 pole terminal block bus/
(1) Maximum 16 AWG (1.5 mm
(2) Maximum 18 AWG (1.0 mm
(3) Wire diameter minimum 28 AWG (0.3 mm) up to
16 AWG (1.4 mm).
) single wire.
) stranded wire.