Configuring Network Security Settings
A wireless network can be added when the network is automatically
detected. Or, you can manually enter the settings information to add the
network. To determine if authentication information is needed, check with
your Network Administrator or Hotspot Service Provider.
1. Tap Start > iPAQ Wireless.
2. Turn on Wi-Fi by tapping the Wi-Fi button.
3. Tap View Wi-Fi Networks to choose an available network.
4. In Configure Wireless Networks, select the network you want to
5. To use authentication, tap the Network Key tab and select the
authentication method from the Authentication list.
6. To use data encryption, select an encryption method from the Data
7. To automatically use a network key, tap The key is automatically
provided. Otherwise, enter the network key manually.
Your HP iPAQ comes with built-in Bluetooth which is a short-range wireless
communications technology. Devices with Bluetooth capabilities can
exchange information over a distance of about 30 feet (10 meters) without
requiring a physical connection.
You can use Bluetooth to:
Transfer information, such as files, appointments, tasks, and contact
cards, between devices that have Bluetooth capabilities.
Print your data to a Bluetooth-designated printer.
Use a Bluetooth service. Once you connect to another device or
computer using Bluetooth, you can locate and use any of the services
available on that device.