OTHER SEWING APPLICATIONS
Turning Outside Corners
without Cutting the Threads
1. When you reach the end of the fabric,
stop stitching w i t h the needle above
the fabric. Raise the presser foot. Gently
pull the chain of thread out from the
needle plate, leaving 2 or 3 loops of
thread on the stitch finger. Turn the
fabric, lower the presser foot and c o m -
mence stitching in the new direction.
2. When overlocking and trimming at the
same time, cut the fabric by hand
along the new stitching line for about
3 c m , before turning the fabric. It is
preferable to make a small cut to mark
the second stitch line, before starting
Overlooking Inside Corners
1. When overlocking an inside corner on
a pocket, etc., clip about 3 to .4 mm
into the corner.
2. Fold the fabric into, a straight edge,
as s h o w n , and sew along the edge,
trimming very little, if necessary.
3. Open and press the fabric.