(Models 6 2 4 & 614)
The cutting blades are pre-set at the
factory so that most overlook sewing
projects can be done w i t h o u t changing
their position. For very special
types, however, you might at times, want
to adjust the cutting w i d t h .
1. To change the cutting w i d t h , bring the
needle bar to the highest position.
2. Turn the cutting w i d t h dial upwards
to increase the w i d t h , or downwards to
3. Sew a scrap of the fabric to check the
sewing result, referring to the illust-
(b) The cutting w i d t h is narrower than
the stitch w i d t h . Turn the dial upwards
to increase the cutting w i d t h .
(c) The cutting w i d t h is wider than the
stitch w i d t h . In this case, the fabric
might be rolled or the needle thread
tension miqht become loose. Turn the
dial downwards to decrease the cutt-
ing w i d t h .
With the guide line (a) of the pressure
control knob even w i t h the top cover
surface (b), the foot pressure is suitable
needs adjusting. For special fabric types,
at times want to
adjust the pressure slightly.
1. For very slippery fabrics, tighten the
knob clockwise slightly to
2. For very stretchable fabrics, loosen
it counter-clockwise to decrease the
guide line (c) of the
pressure knob at higher
level than the
very stretchable fabrics is available.
By disengaging the moving blade, you
can enjoy various sewing techniques.
1. To disengage the moving blade, first
open the front door.
2. Push the moving blade release lever
(a) to the right and the moving blade
will stop at (b) position.
3. Turn it towards you by hand.
4. To re-engage the moving blade, push
the moving blade release lever to the
right and turn it towards the back,
then release the lever.