● areas where the acoustic emission levels are highest and most consistent
● where the material impact is greatest
● areas closest to the point of leakage (e.g. valve body)
● closest point to source of cavitation (e.g. pump body)
Conditions to Avoid
● non-metallic surfaces, as these tend to attenuate acoustic emission levels
● pipes with non-metallic liners as these tend to attenuate acoustic emission levels
Conditions to Consider
● joints and interfaces attenuate the acoustic emission levels.
● minimal temperature variation where acoustic emission levels are weak.
● location should provide sufficient response time in alarm or control circuit. e.g. loss of bearing
lubrication, plug chute detection.
Operating Instructions, 06/2016, A5E31952194-AB