Cleaning the Print Head
Clean the print head if lines are missing or if horizontal white streaks are present in the printed nozzle check
pattern. Cleaning unclogs the nozzles and restores the print head condition. Cleaning the print head
consumes ink, so clean the print head only when necessary.
1. Make sure that the power is turned on.
2. Press the Setup button until "2" appears on the LCD.
3. Press the Black button or the Color button.
The printer starts cleaning the print head.
The cleaning will be complete when the ON lamp lights after flashing.
Do not perform any other operations until the printer completes the cleaning of the print head. This takes
about 1 minute.
4. Check the print head condition.
To check the print head condition,
• If the problem is not resolved after cleaning the print head twice,
print the nozzle check
clean the print head