KNOWING YOUR SEWING MACHINE
• If the needle is not raised, the thread take-
up lever cannot be threaded. Be sure to
raise the needle before threading the sewing
Put the thread behind the needle bar thread
1 Needle bar thread guide
Turn off the sewing machine.
• Make sure you turn the power off while
threading the machine without using the
needle threader (for models equipped with the
needle threader). If you accidentally step on
the foot controller and the machine starts to
sew, you could be injured.
Thread the needle from front to back and pull
out about 5 cm (2 inches) of thread.
• If the thread take-up lever is lowered, the upper
thread cannot be wrapped around the thread
take-up lever. Make sure you raise the presser foot
lever and the thread take-up lever before you feed
the upper thread.
• If you incorrectly feed the thread you may cause
1 5 cm (2 inches)
■ Using the needle threader (for models
equipped with the needle threader)
• The needle threader can be used with a 75/11
through 100/16 home sewing machine needle.
However, the needle threader cannot be used
with a 65/9 home sewing machine needle.
When using special thread such as transparent
nylon thread or metallic thread, the needle
threader cannot be used.
• Thread with a thickness of 130/120 or thicker
cannot be used with the needle threader.
• The needle threader cannot be used with the
wing needle or the twin needle.
• If the needle threader cannot be used, refer to
"Upper threading" (page 16).
in "Upper threading".
Lower the presser foot lever.
While lowering the needle threader lever,
hook the thread onto the guide.
Fully lower the needle threader lever.
The hook passes through the eye of the
needle, and catch the thread.
of the procedure
1 Needle holder
2 Needle threader