• Do not grab the bar to raise the spool pin,
otherwise, the spool pin may bend or break.
• Be sure to raise the spool pin when winding
the bobbin. The thread may become tangled if
the bobbin winder is used without raising the
Fully insert the spool for the upper thread
onto the spool pin.
Slide the spool cap onto the spool pin.
• The thread should be unwound from the
bottom to the front.
• If the spool or the spool cap is not positioned
correctly, the thread may become tangled
around the spool pin or the machine may be
• Three spool cap sizes are available. Choose a
spool cap that best fits the size of spool being
used. If the spool cap is too small for the spool,
the thread may catch on the slit in the spool or
the machine may be damaged.
• When using the spool as shown below, use
the small spool cap, and leave a small space
between the cap and the spool.
1 Spool cap
2 Spool (cross-
KNOWING YOUR SEWING MACHINE
Pass the thread as illustrated below.
1 Thread guide
2 Thread guide cover
Feed the upper thread as illustrated below.
Make sure to guide the thread through the
thread take-up lever from right to left.
1 Thread take-up lever