Cancelling the operation beep
When the sewing machine is purchased, it is set to
beep each time a key is pressed. This setting can be
changed so that the machine does not beep.
Turn off the sewing machine.
Holding the "–" side of
turn on the sewing machine.
After the sewing machine has turned on,
release the "–" side of
The machine is now set so that it will not
• Perform the same operation to change the setting
so that machine beeps.
THREADING THE MACHINE
Winding the bobbin
This section describes how to wind the thread onto
• For details on the fast bobbin winding, see page
1 Bobbin-winding thread guide
2 Bobbin winder shaft
• Only use the bobbin that comes with this
• Do not grab the bar to raise the spool pin,
• Be sure to raise the spool pin when winding
KNOWING YOUR SEWING MACHINE
machine or bobbins of the same type (part
code: SA156, SFB: XA5539-151). Using other
bobbins may cause damage to the machine.
SA156 is Class 15 type bobbin.
Press down on the spool pin lever to swing
up the spool pin. Then remove the spool cap.
1 Spool pin
2 Spool cap
otherwise, the spool pin may bend or break.
the bobbin. The thread may become tangled if
the bobbin winder is used without raising the
Fully insert the spool of thread for the
bobbin, and then slide the spool cap onto the
• The thread should be unwound from the
bottom to the front.