9 the dryer location
and vapors, such as
gasoline, away from dryer.
Place dryer at least 18 inches (460 ram) above the floor
for a garage installation.
Failure to do so can result in death, explosion, or fire.
the dryer interior
To clean dryer drum
1. Apply a liquid, nonflammable
household cleaner to the
stained area of the drum and rub with a soft cloth until
stain is removed.
2. Wipe drum thoroughly with a damp cloth.
3. Tumble a load of dean cloths or towels to dry the drum.
NOTE: Garments that contain loose dyes, such as denim
blue jeans or brightly colored cotton items, may discolor the
dryer interior. These stains are not harmfu( to your dryer and
will not stain future loads of clothes. Dry these items inside
out to avoid drum staining.
From inside the Dryer Cabinet
Lint shou(d be removed every 2 years, or more often,
on dryer usage. Cleaning should be done
by a qualified servicer.
From the Exhaust Vent
Lint should be removed every 2 years, or more often,
on dryer usage.
the lint screen
Every load cleaning
The lint screen is located in the door opening of the dryer.
A screen blocked by lint can increase drying time.
1. Pull the lint screen straight up. Roll lint off the screen
with your fingers. Do not rinse or wash screen to
remove lint. Wet lint is hard to remove.
2. Push the lint screen firmly back into place.
Do not run the dryer with the lint screen loose,
damaged, blocked, or missing. Doing so can cause
overheating and damage to both the dryer and fabrics.
If lint falls off the screen into the dryer during removal,
check the exhaust hood and remove the lint. See
As needed cleaning
Laundry detergent and fabric softener residue can build
up on the lint screen. This buildup can cause longer drying
times for your clothes, or cause the dryer to stop before
your load is completely dry. The screen is probably clogged
if lint falls off while the screen is in the dryer.
Clean the lint screen with a nylon brush every 6 months,
or more frequently, if it becomes clogged due to a residue
1. Roll lint off the screen with your fingers.
2. Wet both sides of lint screen with hot water.
3. Wet a nylon brush with hot water and liquid detergent.
Scrub lint screen with the brush to remove residue
4. Rinse screen with hot water.
5. Thoroughly dry lint screen with a clean towel.
Reinstall screen in dryer.